Error using podman to install JDK 21 - authentication issues

Latest response

I am logged in to the Red Hat Container Registry and I have installed Podman.

I followed instructions to do the following (you will note as I had already logged in, this time, it does not ask for my details as it knows I am already logged in) I have added spaces to make it clearer.

The first three lines clarify I am logged in. The next two lines are what I was told to enter (on RedHat) to install jdk21 - the last four lines are the error saying my username/password is invalid when it has confirmed I already logged in. I appreciate that I am doing something wrong, but after trying different things for a couple of hours, I am running out of ideas.

[mark@localhost ~]$ sudo podman login registry.redhat.io
Authenticating with existing credentials for registry.redhat.io
Existing credentials are valid. Already logged in to registry.redhat.io

[mark@localhost ~]$ podman pull registry.redhat.io/ubi9/openjdk-21:1.17-2.1705482269
Trying to pull registry.redhat.io/ubi9/openjdk-21:1.17-2.1705482269...

Error: initializing source docker://registry.redhat.io/ubi9/openjdk-21:1.17-2.1705482269: unable to retrieve auth token: invalid username/password: unauthorized: Please login to the Red Hat Registry using your Customer Portal credentials. Further instructions can be found here: https://access.redhat.com/RegistryAuthentication
[mark@localhost ~]$

I followed the link above to Registry/Authentication which confirms I am still logged in.

A little guidance would be very welcome please.
Thank you.

Guy Mark

Responses