I am really disappointed by the recent news from Red Hat

Latest response

Although late, I came to know that Red Hat is closing its sources, in a way that exploits the loophole in GPLv2, and like the entire linux community, I can't really express how disappointed in Red Hat I am.

There used to be a time when Red Hat was the most respected and the fastest growing open source corporation, with a ton of code contribution on both sides. Developers have been contributing for so long on the code, and now they are utterly disresprected by being called "freeloaders" in the same blog post. Even for a second, if I think that Red Hat was doing so to protect its interests pertaining to profit, I see the statistics when it wasn't acquired by the "Big Blue", and it was much better that what came after that. So, this clearly is a lie if someone from inside the corporation uses this notion.

I have a very high respect for all the members in Red Hat, but I think on the same side, there are some very serious issues with its management who makes such decisions. This would only harm its image in the long run. If this is really happening, we should at least not be limited to just 16 physical devices on the self-supported no cost version of RHEL, as in my opinion, they would already have corporations paying for it, but individuals like me would be affected the most here.

Responses