How do use kickstart to install from the CDN automatically using boot media

Latest response

I have been working on the attached kickstart file, and I would like to automate pulling from the CDN vs using local installation media.

What's the process to achieve this in a fully automated way? I know how to do it manually but am having a hard time figuring out the how using kickstart.

As a Christmas present, I have included my kickstart that uses some rarely discussed kickstart features such as the SCAP profile and automated registration. I intentionally left the passwords in it, but you can use whatever you like since this is my test setup. Some information has been intentionally redacted and replaced with # symbols.

I also provided information on how to register your system with Red Hat online without using subscription-manager, which is a really nice feature to save time, and I included automated registration with Red Hat insights as well, since I use this all the time in my personal dev environment. I find the free cloud services to be a great benefit for my home lab usage. Looking forward to these services being available on Gov Cloud in the U.S.

The kickstart is setup to use the DISA STIG using the latest SCAP profile and can be easily pointed at your own customization as desired.

Attachments

Responses