USB Bootable RHEL 8.4 OFFLINE Installation Source error

Latest response

I followed the steps provided on the docs for creating the customized ISO (full DVD iso) with my Kickstart file embedded in the ISO, but I now receive an error that it cannot locate the Installation Source (or the . I was sure to use the exact same -V name of the original ISO.

The USB boots and starts up but then I get stopped and am shown that those 2 issues exist. Anyone have any tips for doing a fully OFFLINE bootable USB installation with custom ISO/Kickstart?

Here is my ISO build script; then I flash it to the usb using Etcher (note I am using a Mac; so I had to use the syslinux tools to create the mbr isohybrid).

xorriso -as mkisofs -R -J -V "RHEL-8-4-0-BaseOS-x86_64" -volset "RHEL-8-4-0-BaseOS-x86_64" -o /Users/patrick/PROJECT/DELIVERABLE/BUILDS/MyRHELv4.iso -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -eltorito-alt-boot -e images/efiboot.img -isohybrid-gpt-basdat -no-emul-boot -isohybrid-mbr /Users/patrick/INSTALLS/syslinux-6.03/bios/mbr/isohdpfx.bin .

Responses