Issues getting air gapped systems to update

Latest response

I administer several air gapped systems. I have generated system certificates via the customer portal, and have imported each per the Red Hat procedure, getting messages that the import was successful.

I have reposynced a system on the outside and sneakernetted the resultant repositories to their home in the air gapped network. The repos are shared via nfs, and an appropriate repo file has been crafted and placed in the /etc/yum.repos.d directory.

One system updates as expected. The other two, using config files copied from the working system, with verified mount points, fail to update. Running either a dnf update or yum update command shows the system hesitate for about 15 seconds, then throwing out what appears to be a statistic or parameter dump of the repos, starting with 'max_parallel_downloads=' and ending with 'username:' with nothing after. in between is information on proxy, et al. and protected packages, ssl info etc.

My first question is, what is the information I am seeing, and second, am I missing a step here in getting yum to use the nfs shared repository?. Using web services is not an option within the environment, NFS based repositories is our allowed route, and I have evidence that the repository is valid (works with the other system), and since we are using the same repo file from the working system, I am in a bit of a quandary.

Responses