How to get ISO for RHEL7 for s390x

Latest response

We are security software developers, want to create security software for s390x Linux, and want to get the oldest versions of Linux that can be used with qemu.

Please see the attached screen copy, to see if the system could not prevent such an attack, info won't be secure.

Responses

Use the Product Download page to select RHEL for IBM z Systems then the version you want.

Shortcut to 7.0 for s390x: https://access.redhat.com/downloads/content/72/ver=/rhel---7/7.0/s390x/product-software

I have checked on that page, and it says Installers and Images for Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems - Extended Update Support (v. 7.7 for s390x) ISOs are not available for this product. You can find packages by searching within the packages tab.

EUS doesn't have installation images, it's a channel of RPMs.

If you want 7.7 EUS then install 7.7 and subscribe the system to the EUS channel afterwards:

Enable the EUS repo/subscription then:

# subscription-manager release --set=7.7

I need the ISO first to install the RHEL7.x to the qemu img, then if needs other software, the subscription is needed.

Yes, that's correct.

So download the 7.7 s390x ISO from here to start:

https://access.redhat.com/downloads/content/72/ver=/rhel---7/7.7/s390x/product-software

Install it, then add your subscriptions and EUS if needed.

I still could not find the ISO from that link to download.

The account you're using doesn't have the RHEL for IBM z entitlement. You either need to log into the Customer Portal with an account which does have that access, or contact Sales to purchase access to it.

Check this one, without our software, Linux can hardly be secure:

[root@nuc tmp]# cat C A
testfile
ABCD
[root@nuc tmp]# ./cat C A
testfile
[root@nuc tmp]# cat C A
testfile
ABCD
testfile
[root@nuc tmp]# ls -l
total 8
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root  5 Aug  5 13:33 A
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root  9 Aug  5 13:28 C
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 12 Aug  5 13:29 cat -> /usr/bin/cat
[root@nuc tmp]# /usr/bin/cat C A
testfile
ABCD
testfile
[root@nuc tmp]#

So, please fix the downloading for the s390x Linux ISO, so we can build and maintain the best security software for Linux.