Quorum Disk ?

Latest response

Hi,

I have four (4) servers connected to SAN Storage and two (2) Switches Layer 2.

These four (4) servers are already set to Clustering and connecting to SAN Storage concurrently.

Server A and Server B are connecting to two (2) Storages (SAN) concurrently. Also they have the Service Group 'X' that is running (Active) at server A and Standby at Server B. Server C and Server D are only access to one (1) storage (SAN) concurrently (No active Service is running)

Network cable for IP Data is connected to First Switch and network cable for IP Heartbeat is connected to the Second Switch. Unfortunately, the connection of heartbeat from servers to the switch are not bonded (single link) because of limitation port in the switch.

My client's next plan is going to replace these two switches into new switches and ask me that these servers should not going to downtime while the network guys doing the switch replacement.

My question, is there the way to make these four servers still running (no downtime) even the network guys do unplug all network connected cables (Heartbeat) and install the new swithes ? is it necessary to configure Quorum Disk ? i was just affraid that this service X could be 'freeze' because the heartbeat connection is down temporarily.

Hereby the attachment "sample illustration" and "sample cluster.conf" for the detail.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards,

Aldi

Responses