Meet GSS Red Hatter of the Week Yunyun Qu!

Latest response

Meet GSS Red Hatter of the Week Yunyun Qu! We are very excited to feature Yunyun this week on the Red Hat Support social channels. Learn more about Yunyun in her own words below and stay tuned for more from Yunyun throughout the week!

"Hello, I'm Yunyun Qu from China. I graduated from Ocean University of China in Qingdao and continued my master degree in Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications in Beijing. I'm a "Pure" Red Hatter as Red Hat is the first company where I have worked. I started my internship in Red Hat Global Support Services (GSS) in 2007 and I benefited greatly from the fantastic GSS China team. After a half-year study, my entire intern class and I attained RHCE certifications and I am very honored to be an employee of GSS China team since April 2008. The mentor/mentee program helped me to develop very quickly. The senior guys frequently share their experience and give lots of guidance and support, not only for the technical skills, but for the open source culture, how to work more efficiently, how to handle tough customers using soft skills, etc. That is a great treasure for me, especially at the beginning of my career. In March 2010, I transferred to the Support Relationship Manager (SRM) role and began a new journey within Red Hat. Within my SRM role, I focus on China mainland and Taiwan strategic customer engagement to work as a customer advocate to GSS for escalations and communications, ensure tickets are making forward progress with the right resources assigned, work with the virtual account team to share customer intelligence and account management planning, enhance the value of the Red Hat subscription and help customers to achieve greater success. It is a very interesting job and my two years of support experience has helped me a lot when handling case reviews and customer escalations. I have been working within this role for more than 3 years now and was promoted to Senior SRM this year.  

Red Hat GSS is a fantastic place where I love to work and be a part of the team. Roles are very open so you are pushed to challenge yourself and take advantage of opportunities to develop your own technical and communication skills to achieve your goal. I love to share my experience with my team and provide help if needed. The nature of thinking proactively has helped me to work more efficiently and gain more recognition. In my spare time, I love listening to music, watching inspirational and comedic movies, walking and chatting."

Stay tuned for more from Yunyun throughout the week!

Responses