Detailed Documentation

Latest response

The difference between RedHat documentation and IBM documentation is you can read the basics in RedHat in two pages, and gleen it out of IBM in 500 pages. But RedHat omits detailed explanations, while IBM provides everything you would ever want to know.

For instance, when I was configuring RHEV last year, there would be a half page section on what a whole chapter should have been written. For instance, when attaching RHEV to EMC, a very common configuration. Why were there general comments without a "how to" white paper, a different link for on board disk, and yet another for other implimentations?

has there ever been efforts to provide detailed information in links within RedHat documentation. To start providing the detailed documentation that the other *ix's provide?

Is there interest with others in doing this.

When I was setting up bonding. It took over a week and lots of time on the phone with RedHat. When I was done. I could have written a detailed paper on how to set up and test Mod1 and Mod4 bonding. Including mentioning the open source tool CDPD (cisco discovery protocal daemon) tool that allows you to see what the cisco router sees...is the port up, is it configured for mod4 bonding? Troubleshooting guide?

Responses