Only Beta version available for download

Latest response

Hi guys.

I am trying to download RHEL 5.8 but when I go to Downloads and choose the RH version I want, I only can see the Beta version to download. It is the same if I go to 6 or 4 versions..

Any tip why this happen? My company have a corporate account and they created my user with redhat. I think they still have support with redhat..

For the moment I installed 5.8 Beta... is there any way to update to stable? It is first time using RHEL.

Responses

Michael,

If you go to the following link you should be able to find what you're looking for:

https://rhn.redhat.com/rhn/software/channel/downloads/Download.do?cid=6002

You'll need to look under the "Older Releases" section.

Hope this helps.

David

Thanks..

That is what I did and above the downloads link it is what I read:

Latest Release

Below please find the complete set of ISO images for the latest release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (v. 5 for 32-bit x86) Beta.

In my case I need 64bits but it is the same, only the version Beta for download. So not sure if it is ok or should I see the NON Beta version available?

or can I download the 5.9 Beta and then appy yum update to the get the stable version?

doesnt it affect the support with Redhat?

Thanks

Hi Michael,

My bad, looks like I gave you the wrong link. Try this:

https://rhn.redhat.com/rhn/software/channel/downloads/Download.do?cid=6957

Again, go to the Older Releases section, and you should see the following:

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.8 Server (AMD64/Intel EM64T)

I checked that link myself right now and the page title is "Red Hat Enterprise Linux (v. 5 for 64-bit x86_64)" (no mention of Beta.)

Cheers

David

Thanks, I downloaded it and will be installing in 2 days..

why this option wasnt available for directly if I go to downloads?

thanks

It might be related to the path you used to get to downloads? I can't say for sure; I'm not as familiar with the Customer Portal as others here. This is what I did:

1. Browse to rhn.redhat.com
  2. On the Downloads tab, click "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" > "Downloads". The page heading is "Download Software"
  3. Scroll down and click "Red Hat Enterprise Linux (v. 5 for 64-bit x86_64)." The page heading is "Red Hat Enterprise Linux (v. 5 for 64-bit x86_64)"
  4. Scroll down to "Older Releases" and the link at the top of that list is "Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.8 Server (AMD64/Intel EM64T)"

Somebody else might have more info if that doesn't work for you in the future.

Saludos,

David