Exact product and build requirements

Latest response

Hi all, I have a POC for a client which on the surface is relatively simple. I need to model a process in jBPM and show the business rules integratio, with the repository etc. I then need to integrate this process with the JBoss ESB and walk the client through the entire process from modelling staright through to final deployment. Easy enough right? Not really. JBoss Developer Studio 6 does not handle ESB/jBPM development etc and while I am happy to use the web based process developer the problem is which exact stack am I looking for? 

Here's what I think it is:

jBRMS --> for the jBPM and the Guvnor design and build

JBoss SOA Platform 5 --> for the JBoss AS and JBoss ESB components

JBoss DEV Studio 6 (I already have this)

Please would someone provide me the exact links and requirements for me to proceed. When delving into the jBPM 5 Developer guide and the JBoss ESB beginners guide books, both rely on the jboss.org downloads and functionality. What I want is the equivalent stack from RH. The local vendor (Obsidian) that I am collaborating with is in the process of organising the necessary development licenses etc, but needs to know the exact stack for which I need this licensing. 

Thus far I have literally downloaded GB's of software from both RH and jboss.org/sourceforge in order to get my head around what can be done etc. However I am now ready to jump in and begin development and I want it ALL to be done on RH Enterprise Middleware as this is a project requirement.

Is this doable or is the reality that regardless of the project I will have to rely on some bits and pieces from jboss.org that RH do not cater for?

regards

ed

Responses