Meet Ricky Nelson - Our Red Hatter of the Week!

Latest response

Our Red Hatter of the Week this week is Ricky Nelson.

In his own words:

Heyo, my name is Ricky Nelson and I'm a Technical Account Manager (TAM) and Team Lead within Global Support Services at Red Hat, Inc. Originally from Kernersville, NC, I currently reside 

in Raleigh, NC, only 5 minutes away from our new downtown location!

I've been with Red Hat since January 2010. As a TAM I work primarily with a select group of customers and by focusing directly on select customers, it allows more of a deeply driven focus into the their business model and how best that customer can grow alongside Red Hat. Within Red Hat, I am the customer's advocate- It's that direct connection that I enjoy the most.

As a Team Lead within Red Hat, I find that guiding others around me to success to also be fulfilling. From a customer's perspective, I am the technical/management point of contact.

While being a strong proponent of the saying "if it's not broke, don't fix it", that never stops me from looking simultaneously at making it easier for a customer to fulfill their goals. With my technological focuses being a little bit of everything (I just love learning about new and existing tech!), I'd say my strong spots are in authentication and clustering technologies, as well as in performance tuning.

Stay tuned for more from Ricky over the coming week!

Responses