How can i configure fence_cisco_ucs with redhat cluster suite

Latest response

HI

How can i configure fence_cisco_ucs with redhat cluster suite.

i was trying to configure fencing aganet with red ahat cluster suite

i issued command

#  /usr/sbin/fence_vmware_soap -a 172.22.90.61 -l admin -p duc2Cisco -o reboot

then i got below error:

Failed: You have to enter plug number

Please use '-h' for usage

what is this plug number and from where can i get this plug number.?

I am new to this Cisco UCS, becuase this hardware is provided my some other team and i am the one installing Red Hat cluster suite. I requested fencing agent configuration with Cisco, and that guy dosen't know what is fencing..

please help me, because of this issue, production got delayed

regards,

Ben

Responses

Hi

i created a support case for this. But from last 2 days i didn't get any replay.i gave Severity :1. But no luck

please anyone help me

Hello Ben, I tried to find out the case number but to make sure which case is we'll need you to send us your account number or case number that you had created. Could you please forward one of those numbers to to techsupport@redhat.com?

Thank you

Fábio Da Cunha

HI

thanks for your replay.

Case 00704016.

i Requested Management Escalation also.last reply i got from redhat is on 21st, 2 days before.

regards,
Ben

Hi Ben,

Thank you for the case number, I'm updating your case with more information regarding how it will be handled.

Regards

Fábio Da Cunha

Hi Ben,

Just a heads up - once you've opened a case for an issue, we'll generally use that as the main communication channel. It can get confusing if we are discussing it in Groups at the same time. Check out the Groups posting guidelines for more details.

Hi

i opened a case with Severity :1. Actually the production was down because only i created with this.

i was waiting for the replay from red hat on that.like that 2 days completed.i didn't get replay. Then i started grop discussion..ath that time somebody asked my case details and they worked on that case..

now the problem solving tasks are gong on.

one more thing is ,

regarding Cisco UCS connection , that got worked finally

/usr/sbin/fence_cisco_ucs -a 172.22.90.10 -l admin -p duc2Cisco -o status -v -n cgceccprd1 -z

where IP is the UCS manager IP and cdceccprd1 is the server name

regards,

Ben