External (Direct LUN)

Latest response

I added a LUN directly to VM, however, it had an error adding while VM was turned on. I powered off the VM and attached the LUN then tried to activate the machine to no avail. It would not let me remove the LUN if I ticked "remove permanently". I removed LUN (not permanently) and now it's in my list of disks and I can't remove. I was also able to directly attach my primary data domain disk to the guest even though it was marked as "Used". I now also can't remove it from my list of "Disks"

This is the engine.log error when attempting to remove the non attached disk.

2012-09-07 14:11:38,360 ERROR [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.RemoveDiskCommand] (pool-4-thread-47) [6ecd0f6c] Command org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.RemoveDiskCommand throw exception: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
    at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:604) [rt.jar:1.7.0_05-icedtea]
    at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:382) [rt.jar:1.7.0_05-icedtea]
    at org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.ImagesHandler.removeLunDisk(ImagesHandler.java:664) [engine-bll.jar:]
    at org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.RemoveDiskCommand$1.runInTransaction(RemoveDiskCommand.java:295) [engine-bll.jar:]
    at org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.RemoveDiskCommand$1.runInTransaction(RemoveDiskCommand.java:292) [engine-bll.jar:]
    at org.ovirt.engine.core.utils.transaction.TransactionSupport.executeInNewTransaction(TransactionSupport.java:204) [engine-utils.jar:]
    at org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.RemoveDiskCommand.removeLunDisk(RemoveDiskCommand.java:292) [engine-bll.jar:]
    at org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.RemoveDiskCommand.executeCommand(RemoveDiskCommand.java:287) [engine-bll.jar:]
    at org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.CommandBase.ExecuteWithoutTransaction(CommandBase.java:815) [engine-bll.jar:]
    at org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.CommandBase.executeActionInTransactionScope(CommandBase.java:906) [engine-bll.jar:]
    at org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.CommandBase.runInTransaction(CommandBase.java:1261) [engine-bll.jar:]
    at org.ovirt.engine.core.utils.transaction.TransactionSupport.executeInSuppressed(TransactionSupport.java:168) [engine-utils.jar:]
    at org.ovirt.engine.core.utils.transaction.TransactionSupport.executeInScope(TransactionSupport.java:107) [engine-utils.jar:]
    at org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.CommandBase.Execute(CommandBase.java:921) [engine-bll.jar:]
    at org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.CommandBase.ExecuteAction(CommandBase.java:275) [engine-bll.jar:]
    at org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.MultipleActionsRunner.executeValidatedCommands(MultipleActionsRunner.java:182) [engine-bll.jar:]
    at org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.MultipleActionsRunner.RunCommands(MultipleActionsRunner.java:162) [engine-bll.jar:]
    at org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.MultipleActionsRunner$1.run(MultipleActionsRunner.java:84) [engine-bll.jar:]
    at org.ovirt.engine.core.utils.threadpool.ThreadPoolUtil$InternalWrapperRunnable.run(ThreadPoolUtil.java:64) [engine-utils.jar:]
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471) [rt.jar:1.7.0_05-icedtea]
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334) [rt.jar:1.7.0_05-icedtea]
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166) [rt.jar:1.7.0_05-icedtea]
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110) [rt.jar:1.7.0_05-icedtea]
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603) [rt.jar:1.7.0_05-icedtea]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722) [rt.jar:1.7.0_05-icedtea]

Responses

Are you attaching an FC LUN? If so, the current beta build has an issue that should be resolved with the next update to the beta. iSCSI based direct LUNs work fine.

yes, it is FC

thanks