Not able to connect to RHEVM

Latest response

I am not able to the RHEVM from browser. It doesnt load anything. I have .net4 and windows 7. IE8.

The jboss failed to start when i tried to setup first time. I removed everything and reinstalled. Then Jboss startedup. But i am not able to connect to RHEVM from the browser. I suspect the following error in /var/log/jbossas/rhevm-slimmed/server.log

I dont know how could I fix it. Please point me to the solution.

2012-05-29 06:38:18,983 ERROR [org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.ProfileServiceBootstrap] Failed to load profile: Summary of incomplete deployments (SEE PREVIOUS ERRORS FOR DETAILS):

DEPLOYMENTS MISSING DEPENDENCIES:
  Deployment "jboss.web.deployment:war=/Components" is missing the following dependencies:
    Dependency "jboss.web:service=WebServer" (should be in state "Create", but is actually in state "** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.web:service=WebServer' **")
  Deployment "jboss.web.deployment:war=/RHEVManager" is missing the following dependencies:
    Dependency "jboss.web:service=WebServer" (should be in state "Create", but is actually in state "** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.web:service=WebServer' **")
  Deployment "jboss.web.deployment:war=/RHEVManagerWeb" is missing the following dependencies:
  Deployment "jboss.web.deployment:war=/ROOT" is missing the following dependencies:
  Deployment "jboss.web.deployment:war=/UserPortal" is missing the following dependencies:
  Deployment "jboss.web.deployment:war=/admin-console" is missing the following dependencies:
  Deployment "jboss.web.deployment:war=/api" is missing the following dependencies:
  Deployment "jboss.web.deployment:war=/jbossws" is missing the following dependencies:
  Deployment "jboss.web.deployment:war=/rhev-docs" is missing the following dependencies:
  Deployment "jboss.web.deployment:war=/rhevm-rhevm-genericapi" is missing the following dependencies:
  Deployment "jboss.web.deployment:war=/web-console" is missing the following dependencies:
  Deployment "jboss.web.deployment:war=/webadmin" is missing the following dependencies:

DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:
  Deployment "WebServer" is in error due to the following reason(s): LifecycleException:  Protocol handler initialization failed: java.lang.Exception: No Certificate file specified or invalid file format
  Deployment "jboss.web:service=WebServer" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.web:service=WebServer' **

2012-05-29 06:38:18,984 INFO  [org.jboss.bootstrap.microcontainer.ServerImpl] JBoss (Microcontainer) [5.1.1 (build: SVNTag=JBPAPP_5_1_1 date=201105171607)] Started in 42s:896ms

--------------------------------------------------------

Responses

Where exactly does it fail? Are you able to reach the landing page at least?

No, The page is blank. It doesn't load anything at all.

If this is a new setup, it would be easiest to just run rhevm-cleanup, and reinstall, after making sure you have all the prerequisites in place

I tried cleanup and tried to rhevm setup twice. But this error persists.

DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:
  Deployment "WebServer" is in error due to the following reason(s): LifecycleException:  Protocol handler initialization failed: java.lang.Exception: No Certificate file specified or invalid file format
  Deployment "jboss.web:service=WebServer" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.web:service=WebServer' **

I see the "No Certificate file specified or invalid file format" from the error message you shown.

Looks like, You have not downloaded and imported the cerficate. To access the Manager console through  IE8 from a windows machine , you need to have the certifcate imported into IE.

Thanks

Praveen

when you specify the  URL  of  your RHEV Manager. Did you specify the  port number.