- Posted In
- Red Hat Virtualization
Thank you for your extended support as usual.
I am trying to create a pool of windows XP desktop machines for which I need to create a template and seal the template. I have followed the below steps:
- Download sysprep to the virtual machine to be used as a template.
- The Windows XP Sysprep tool is available at: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=11282
- Create a new folder c:\sysprep.
- Open the deploy.cab file and put its contents in c:\sysprep.
- Execute sysprep.exe from within the folder. Click OK on the welcome message.
- The Sysprep tool displays.
- Select the following check boxes:
Don't reset grace period for activation
- Ensure that the Shutdown mode is set to Shut down before clicking Reseal
- Acknowledge the pop-up window. The virtual desktop will go through the sealing process and then shut down automatically
rhevm-config -s ProductKey=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX (THE WINDOWS XP SERIAL KEY) --cver=general
service jbossas restart
Now whenever I start the virtual dekstop from the pool, still I have to update every guest dekstop machine with the Serial key of windows XP however I have already sealed the template with the same.