How to re-add the storage in RHEV-M

Latest response

Hi ,

I am unign Startwind software iSCSI, i have allocated 2 LUN to RHEV-M and after that i was able to create the VMs in this storage.

now i have removed the storage from the RHEV-m because i was not able to active the storage after, but now i am not bale to add the same storage into the RHEV-M ans also how to remove old lun from this RHEV-M.

pls check the below screen shot for more information

Responses

How exactly did you remove the storage from RHEV-M? If by using the remove button, then there should be no problem readding it. If you used "Destroy" or simply disconnected the LUNs then the LUNs still hold RHEV metadata, and this is what prevents them from being reused - the system believe the LUNs are already in use and will not overwrite them.

The correct way it to use the "remove" button on storage domains that are no longer needed - this will free the LUNs from any remaining metadata and remove it from the setup. Otherwise, you need to manually wipe the LUNs, so that there is no metadata, LVM structure and partitions left.

Hi Dan,

I used remove button to remove the storage because was not active, and after that i am not able to add the storage in RHEV-M but while discovring it is showing but allow me to add.

Now i removed the datacenter from the System tab after that i am not able to add the host in rhev-m , "Name must be Unique" message is coming. any idea how to remove old entery from the management data base so that i can add the server and storage.

Thanks in advance

Cannot add Host - unique id is ambiguous with hosts: rcl1.srinfotec.com.

i have getting the above error message while connecting.

I see you have started a new topic for this, lets continue there

Hi Dan,

I used remove button to remove the storage because was not active, and after that i am not able to add the storage in RHEV-M but while discovering it is showing but allow me to add.

Now i removed the datacenter from the System tab after that i am not able to add the host in rhev-m , "Name must be Unique" message is coming. any idea how to remove old entry from the management data base so that i can add the server and storage.

Cannot add Host - unique id is ambiguous with hosts: rcl1.srinfotec.com.

i have getting the above error message while connecting.

Can you check that the LUN has no data on it? You could also clear it by running `dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mapper/$LUN bs=512 count=200000000`