Windows 2008 R2 VM Guest live migration issue. KVM on RHEL6.1

Latest response

Hi All,

I'm very new to this forum. Apologies if its not the right forum for the question - please move the topic for me if that is the case.

Basically, I have 2 RHEL6.1 machines with drbd blocks where I have VM guests installed.

Drbd replicates guests images. I've installed Win2k3-R2-32bit and Win2k8-R2-64bit guests. Both installed and run normally. However when I try consequent live migration of those guests between machines (qemu+ssh, passwordless authentication), host1->host2->host1->host2->host1, etc. ,Win2k3 guest migrates with no problems, whereas Win2k8 guest migrations fail intermittently, and virtual machine stops with error:

error: cannot send monitor command '{"execute":"query-migrate"}': Connection reset by peer

I have installed latest version of virtio drivers too (but they look exactly the same in windows - version 6.0.209.605, only the modification date is different). virtio-win-1.3.3-0.el6.noarch.

That hasn't helped.

I have got exactly the same error for both live and test environments, for live environment I have a couple of Dell R610s and for test environment I have a couple of Dell PCs. Any ideas ? I can provide more details if required.

Regards,

Alex

Responses