- Posted In
- Red Hat Virtualization
I've been playing with 3.0 for a little while now, and while it's a marked improvement over 2.2, there's some things that I'd like to see added, and I'm sure I'm not alone.
- Balloon support. This seems like a bit of an obvious way to cut down on KSM load and give a bit more flexibility.
- Per-user resource quotas for storage, vcpus, memory (I've heard that this is coming in 3.1, but wanted to mention it anyway, as it's pretty important to us).
- Integrated IPA user management in the admin console. The "Add user" command should actually be able to add a user, not just enable an existing IPA user.
- Admin console log viewer. Messages telling the user to "See logfile" are not helpful - the logfile should be viewable within the admin console.
- Better support for attaching an iSCSI LUN directly to a VM.
- DHCP/DNS integration, so that guests can be assigned an IP.
- SAN integration to leverage the (usually much superior) snapshotting, thin provisioning, etc features of a SAN rather than doing it in software.
- Increase the amount of actions hooks can be applied to - in particular hooks for VM create/delete would be nice.
I'm sure there's other things too that would be nice to have, but this is a start.