FreeIPA and Windows

Latest response

The only wish we had for the next redhat release is a fully integrated authentication and audit server (as freeipa) which also ____SUPPORTS___ Windows (client) machines.

I already discussed this in the freeipa list but it seems the don't wanna understand that this is the only thing which is currently really missing on the linux side. Everything else is nearly working as expected or brings the required functionality. We have now opensource technologies at our hands I've would ever have dreamed about when I started with Linux in 1997. 

The only thing which is REALLY REALLY missing, is this authentication system which works across the platforms.

We at our side __never__ install a windows directory server in our customer projects because we don't trust this system at all. So currenty we had to make ldap/samba installation because its the only thing which can handle this windows thing. 

For Us its really time to have something similar to active directory which really works and can compete with it in functionality.

We loose so much projects because we can't provide a system similar to ad. This must end NOW!

So please build the samba4/ad functionality in freeipa or help the samba guys to complete samba with the working fronted (preferrably web based)

Responses