Problems in Running Sentaurus TCAD in Redhat Linux Enterprise 6.0

Latest response

Hi,
I am using Sentaurus TCAD which is compatible with Redhat Linux. The software reads in text files resembling code, which has bracket sets such as {} and [], and determines parameters for input nodes in the simulations. The issues is that whatever reads these text files is mis-interpreting the brackets and is reading the parameters as "0.08[]}" instead of 0.08. This causes errors in the simulation. Since I am on an academic license, I can't contact the company directly, and I'm thinking it might be a linux issue. I've also tried OpenSUSE 11.4 and Debian 6.0, same issue. However, for some users with similar problem it has worked on CentOS 5.6. I'm thinking now I should have installed redhat 5 instead of 6, but I have newer hardware and wanted to make sure to get the most recent version of redhat. If you have any ideas as to some libraries/packages I should install, please let me know.
Thanks a lotHi,
I am using Sentaurus TCAD which is compatible with Redhat Linux. The software reads in text files resembling code, which has bracket sets such as {} and [], and determines parameters for input nodes in the simulations. The issues is that whatever reads these text files is mis-interpreting the brackets and is reading the parameters as "0.08[]}" instead of 0.08. This causes errors in the simulation. Since I am on an academic license, I can't contact the company directly, and I'm thinking it might be a linux issue. I've also tried OpenSUSE 11.4 and Debian 6.0, same issue. However, for some users with similar problem it has worked on CentOS 5.6. I'm thinking now I should have installed redhat 5 instead of 6, but I have newer hardware and wanted to make sure to get the most recent version of redhat. If you have any ideas as to some libraries/packages I should install, please let me know.
Thanks a lot

Responses

Hi David,

Have you checked with the vendor of Sentaurus TCAD to know if they have tested their software on RHEL-6 or any recent Linux system? There is a good chance that they haven't and that you may have to use an older Linux distribution (RHEL-5 for example) to get it working. So your real problem is probably getting RHEL-5 working on your hardware, or maybe not since there is a good chance that most of the stuff will work anyway.

The other option is contacting the vendor for support since they would be much better placed to tell you what is missing.

--

Siddhesh

Senior Technical Support Engineer

Red Hat

Hi David,

Please check the Platforms Roadmap for TCAD.

http://www.synopsys.com/Support/LI/SupportPlatform/Pages/PlatformsRoadmap.aspx

Here you will see that only RHEL v5 is the supported Red Hat platform.

If the program is not that demanding of hardware resources you may consider running the RHEL v5 platform as a kvm domain so you do not need to reinstall your current hardware platform.

Kind regards,

Jan Gerrit Kootstra