Installing vCenter SSL certificates for Ansible

Latest response

Hello, we are standing up our first Ansible server and when walking through the instructions at the link below, we see a line that gives very little instruction for what to do next.
https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/2.9/scenario_guides/vmware_scenarios/vmware_requirements.html#id2

I have very little knowledge of certificates and coming from a windows background I have even less knowledge of how to manage them on a linux/Rhel system.

When googling this, I am only finding how to install certs to apache. The certs from vCenter have .0 and .1 file extensions which also don't match up with any instructions I've been able to find. Most tutorials mention .pem or .crt files. Just wondering if anyone out there knows the process for installing vCenter SSL certificates for Ansible on a Rhel 8 system? The line in the instructions, "Install the certificate files are trusted certificates by the process that is appropriate for your operating system", is not very helpful if you've never messed with certs in the past.

Just pointing me in the right direction would be very helpful.

Please let me know what additional details are needed.

Thanks in advance!

Responses