Unable to start VNC Server on RHEL 8

Latest response

I've installed RHEL 8 as a VM on a Synology NAS. I'm trying to install and configure a VNC Server on the RHEL 8 VM. When I try to start start the VNC Server I get the following message:

Job for vncserver@:1.service failed because the service did not take the steps required by its unit configuration.
See "systemctl status vncserver@:1.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

When I check the status of the VNC Server the following appears:

● vncserver@:1.service - Remote desktop service (VNC)
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/vncserver@.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: protocol) since Sun 2021-01-24 16:05:17 EST; 1min 16s ago
Process: 15742 ExecStart=/usr/bin/vncserver -autokill :1 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 15740 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c /usr/bin/vncserver -kill :1 > /dev/null 2>&1 || : (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Jan 24 16:05:17 RHEL-8-VM systemd[1]: Starting Remote desktop service (VNC)...
Jan 24 16:05:17 RHEL-8-VM systemd[1]: vncserver@:1.service: Can't open PID file /home/louis/.vnc/RHEL-8-VM:1.pid (yet?) after start: No such file>
Jan 24 16:05:17 RHEL-8-VM systemd[1]: vncserver@:1.service: Failed with result 'protocol'.
Jan 24 16:05:17 RHEL-8-VM systemd[1]: Failed to start Remote desktop service (VNC).

The status message displays that the PID file "/home/louis/.vnc/RHEL-8-VM:1.pid(yet?) after start: No such file can not be opened.

What could be causing this to occur?

Thanks

Responses