Missing monitor ttys after boot and missed executing boot scripts

Latest response

After doing a restart (init 6), the system came up but the main monitor's "ttys" and graphical interface screen did not.
The only thing that changed was the kernel. Went from "2.6.32-358.14.1.el6.x86_64" to "358.23.2"
What changed? What happened? I have not made any changes to the boot process. It should have just come up, as it normally does. I did get the normal "chasing bars" screen on the monitor but when it would normally switch to the graphical interface to log in, it just sat there.

Everything else seemed to be working fine except I then noticed that a couple of scripts I have in the r5.d directory didn't execute. They have been in the folder for quite awhile and the system has been restarted a number of times, without any issues. I have done some exploring and have found that now, any script following the S99local script will not be executed. What's up with that?

Any help, suggestions would be appreciated. I have no idea where to look. I have checked the usual log files but don't see anything strange.

Responses