System is not properly subscribed

Latest response

I am trying to attach subscription and I am getting message that "System is not properly subscribed".

$ subscription-manager subscribe --auto
Installed Product Current Status:
Product Name: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server

Please help.
Kevin Duraj

Responses

Hi Kevin,

What often happens if your system has more defined sockets than what is covered under your subscription ( 4 sockets with a 1-2 socket subscription for example) is that the 'auto' option cannot attach that by default.

You can review all available subscriptions by running:

# subscription-manager list --available --all

And you should be able to see the pool of subscriptions your looking to apply. This can be applied with:

# subscription-manager subscrive --pool=POOL_ID

If you don't see that, or you have additional questions regarding subscriptions, sockets, and what this all means give us a call at 1-888-GOREDHAT and we can help you further.

subscription-manager attach --pool 8a85f981430cbbae0143205e15c906be
Successfully attached a subscription for: Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Virtual Datacenters, Premium

subscription-manager list
+-------------------------------------------+
Installed Product Status
+-------------------------------------------+
Product ID: 69
Version: 6.4
Arch: x86_64
Starts:
Ends:

I have a different situation. subscription-manager list shows

Product ID: 69
Version: 6.5
Arch: x86_64
Starts: xxxx
Ends: xxxxx

But the portal, even after 48 hours still shows "System is not properly subscribed". What gives?

did you resolved ? I have the same problem.

Hi Elia ! :) Please execute the following commands :

sudo subscription-manager remove --all
sudo subscription-manager unregister
sudo subscription-manager clean

sudo subscription-manager register
sudo subscription-manager refresh
sudo subscription-manager attach --auto

Thanks a lot! It works for me!!

You're welcome, Mauro ! :)

Regards,
Christian

Hello, I am curious did this ever get resolved. Reason why I ask is that I am encountering the same issue with my Satellite server. I am getting the error "Not Subscribed Installed products are not covered by attached subscriptions. Updates cannot be received" when I look at my system page on access.redhat.com.

However I believe that my Satellite is registered. So curious as to why I am registered via Satellite but not the server is not. I built this server from scratch and its 7.3 and registered it. I am having issues now trying to register my servers via the bootstrap.py script. I am thinking maybe this is possibly the problem.

Thank you,

Patrick Broderick

This just worked for me! THANKS!!!

WHAT (specifically) worked for you?

Just to let everyone know I ended up opening a ticket with RedHat Support to get this issue resolved.

Patrick, what was your solution? I have the same problem.

Hello!

I have the same problem. When I try:

sudo subscription-manager remove --all sudo subscription-manager unregister sudo subscription-manager clean

sudo subscription-manager register sudo subscription-manager refresh sudo subscription-manager attach --auto

I get the following message: Installed Product Current Status:

Product Name: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server Status: Not Subscribed Unable to find available subscriptions for all your installed products.

So my question is; how can I be a subscriber?

All the best,

Michael

This article helped me resolve the issue I was having: https://access.redhat.com/it/articles/3152351

Hi there, I see this

[root@mysys ~]# subscription-manager attach --auto Installed Product Current Status: Product Name: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server Status: Not Subscribed

I registered without any issue but when i try to subscribe auto it does not work. anyone can guide me please? thanks

Hi Jehan,

Did you run the commands which I provided above (see my response to Elia) ?
If this doesn't work for you, I recommend that you contact Customer Support.

Regards,
Christian

Hello I have a CentOS 7.4 I have registered it with RedHat but seems it is having the same issue..... I ran all the commands above but still having the same issue any help!!?

Hi Madhi,

You cannot "register CentOS with Red Hat" ... hence the commands I have provided above do not work of course. :)

Regards,
Christian

I have satellite that the activation keys, I have keys for RHEL6, RHEL7 CentOS6 and CentOS7 I am having the same issue with the RHEL6

Thanks, Mahdi

Hi Mahdi,

If you can't register a RHEL system and attach a valid subscription, after you tried to do it with
the commands I have provided to Elia above, you should contact Red Hat Customer support. :)

Regards,
Christian

Having the same problem. Getting the "System is not properly subscribed" message

When I run

subscrption-manager remove --all

I get "1 subscription removed at server" but then it just sets there and doesn't come back.

When I then run

subscription-manager unregister

same thing - like it is waiting on a response from the server but never gets it.

Hi Alan,

Please check your internet connection, if it is working correctly, please repeat the commands a little bit later.
If it doesn't work, after let's say a day, please contact Customer support and ask them to solve the problem. :)

Regards,
Christian

Got through the first 4 commands, including getting a response that my system is now registered. On the "refresh" command, I am now waiting on a response that never comes back - even all night.

Hi Alan,

Well, in this case please contact Customer support, right as I told you yesterday - they should be able to help you. :)

Regards,
Christian

I want to try RHEL 8.0 beta with a developer subscription so I didn't pay anything.

subscription-manager attach --auto Installed Product Current Status: Product Name: Red Hat Enterprise Linux for x86_64 Beta Status: Not Subscribed

Unable to find available subscriptions for all your installed products.

How can I subscribe so I can test it?

Hi Amin,

Did you set the System Purpose options in the Anaconda installer during system installation preparation ?
In case you did, re-/unset everything and attach the subscription by executing the following commands. :)

sudo subscription-manager role --unset
sudo subscription-manager service-level --unset
sudo subscription-manager usage --unset
sudo subscription-manager register --auto-attach

There is already a bugzilla report open for this, might be a bug or might be intended during the beta phase.

Regards,
Christian

Actually I did:)

I'm installing it again without specifying anything about service-level and trying it again. I will post the results, Thanks.

You're welcome, Amin ! I wish you good luck for having a successful registration experience this time. :)

Regards,
Christian

After a clean installation just like what https://developers.redhat.com/rhel8/install-rhel8/ says still doesn't work:

subscription-manager role --unset && subscription-manager service-level --unset && subscription-manager usage --unset && subscription-manager remove --all && subscription-manager unregister && subscription-manager clean && subscription-manager register && subscription-manager refresh && subscription-manager attach --auto

Note: The currently configured entitlement server does not support System Purpose role.

role unset.

service_level_agreement unset.

usage unset.

0 subscriptions removed at the server.

Unregistering from: subscription.rhsm.redhat.com:443/subscription

System has been unregistered.

All local data removed

Registering to: subscription.rhsm.redhat.com:443/subscription

Username: ***

Password:

The system has been registered with ID: ***

The registered system name is: ***

All local data refreshed

Installed Product Current Status:

Product Name: Red Hat Enterprise Linux for x86_64 Beta

Amin, please specify the beta pool ID. :)

sudo subscription-manager list
sudo subscription-manager attach --pool=<ID-number>

Regards,
Christian

subscription-manager list +-------------------------------------------+ Installed Product Status +-------------------------------------------+ Product Name: Red Hat Enterprise Linux for x86_64 Beta Product ID: 486 Version: 8.0 Beta Arch: x86_64 Status: Not Subscribed Status Details: Not supported by a valid subscription. Starts:
Ends:

Although subscription-manager list --available --all shows this:

+-------------------------------------------+ Available Subscriptions +-------------------------------------------+ Subscription Name: Red Hat Developer Subscription Provides: dotNET on RHEL Beta (for RHEL Server) Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage (for RHEL Server) Red Hat Ansible Engine RHEL for SAP HANA - Update Services for SAP Solutions Red Hat Enterprise Linux Scalable File System (for RHEL Server) - Extended Update Support RHEL for SAP HANA - Extended Update Support Red Hat Container Images Beta Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host Beta Red Hat Container Images Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability (for RHEL Server) - Extended Update Support Red Hat Enterprise Linux Load Balancer (for RHEL Server) Red Hat Container Development Kit Red Hat Beta Red Hat EUCJP Support (for RHEL Server) - Extended Update Support RHEL for SAP (for IBM Power LE) - Update Services for SAP Solutions MRG Realtime Red Hat Enterprise Linux Load Balancer (for RHEL Server) - Extended Update Support dotNET on RHEL (for RHEL Server) Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability - Update Services for SAP Solutions Oracle Java (for RHEL Server) Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server - Update Services for SAP Solutions Red Hat Software Collections (for RHEL Server) Red Hat Enterprise Linux for ARM 64 Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability (for RHEL Server) Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Performance Networking (for RHEL Server) Red Hat Enterprise Linux Scalable File System (for RHEL Server) Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Real Time Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Performance Networking (for RHEL Server) - Extended Update Support RHEL for SAP - Update Services for SAP Solutions Oracle Java (for RHEL Server) - Extended Update Support Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server - Extended Update Support Red Hat Developer Tools (for RHEL Server) Red Hat Software Collections Beta (for RHEL Server) Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server Red Hat Developer Tools Beta (for RHEL Server) RHEL for SAP - Extended Update Support Red Hat Developer Toolset (for RHEL Server) Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Performance Networking (for RHEL Compute Node) Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage (for RHEL Server) - Extended Update Support Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Hana Red Hat S-JIS Support (for RHEL Server) - Extended Update Support SKU: RH00798 Contract:
Pool ID: 8a85f99a671cb4f70167269bf0f123c5 Provides Management: No Available: 16 Suggested: 1 Service Level: Self-Support Service Type:
Subscription Type: Standard Starts: 11/18/2018 Ends: 11/19/2019 System Type: Physical

subscription-manager attach --pool=8a85f99a671cb4f70167269bf0f123c5

Successfully attached a subscription for: Red Hat Developer Subscription

subscription repos --list

rhel-atomic-7-cdk-3.{0,1,2,3,4,5,6}-{source,debug,beta,-}-rpms

Enabling each one doesn't allow me to yum install anything.

subscription-manager repos --enable=rhel-atomic-7-cdk-3.6-rpms

yum install yum-utils

Updating Subscription Management repositories.

Updating Subscription Management repositories.

Red Hat Container Development Kit 3.6 /(RPMs) 3.0 kB/s | 3.7 kB 00:01

No match for argument: yum-utils

Error: Unable to find a match

Hi Amin, seems that you don't have a valid RHEL 8 Beta subscription.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 Beta is open to customers ... start over. :)

Regards,
Christian

My bad:( My subscription is now vaild via link you sent and now I'm successfully subscribed.

Product Name: Red Hat Enterprise Linux for x86_64 Beta

Great, Amin ! I'm glad that I could help you (successfully in the end) ... now enjoy the new system. :)

Regards,
Christian

I am having a similar issue and the steps above apparently don't resolve the issue. This is a small virtual lab, running on a laptop, not sure why OpenStack products could be installed since its pretty vanilla.

[aa@aalab ~]$ sudo subscription-manager remove --all 1 local certificate has been deleted. 1 subscription removed at the server.

[aa@aalab ~]$ sudo subscription-manager unregister Unregistering from: subscription.rhsm.redhat.com:443/subscription System has been unregistered. [aa@aalab ~]$ sudo subscription-manager clean All local data removed

[aa@aalab ~]$ sudo subscription-manager register Registering to: subscription.rhsm.redhat.com:443/subscription Username: alejandro.ayestaran Password: The system has been registered with ID: The registered system name is: aalab [aa@aalab ~]$ sudo subscription-manager refresh All local data refreshed [aa@aalab ~]$ sudo subscription-manager attach --auto Installed Product Current Status: Product Name: Red Hat OpenStack Status: Not Subscribed

Product Name: Red Hat Software Collections (for RHEL Server) Status: Subscribed

Product Name: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server - Update Services for SAP Solutions Status: Subscribed

Product Name: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server Status: Subscribed

Product Name: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server - Extended Update Support Status: Subscribed

I don't know what "products of OpenStack" I might have in use. Does anyone have seen this before?

Thanks in advance, AA.

Hi Alejandro,

Please check out if you have an OpenStack subscription with :

sudo subscription-manager list

Search for the matching OpenStack Pool ID and attach it with :

sudo subscription-manager attach --pool=<ID-number>

Well, you have to attach it only if you want to use it of course. :)

Regards,
Christian

Hello Christian, Thanks for your prompt response.

That is precisely the point, I don't have an OpenStack subscription and I don't want to either :-) I am not sure what is the "product installed" that is using this and how can I remove it.

aa@aalab ~]$ sudo subscription-manager list +-------------------------------------------+ Installed Product Status +-------------------------------------------+ Product Name: Red Hat OpenStack Product ID: 191 Version: 13.0 Arch: x86_64 Status: Not Subscribed Status Details: Not supported by a valid subscription. Starts:
Ends:

Product Name: Red Hat Software Collections (for RHEL Server) Product ID: 201 Version: 3 Arch: x86_64 Status: Subscribed Status Details: Starts: 07/11/2018 Ends: 07/11/2019

Product Name: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server - Update Services for SAP Solutions Product ID: 387 Version: 7.4 Arch: x86_64 Status: Subscribed Status Details: Starts: 07/11/2018 Ends: 07/11/2019

Product Name: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server Product ID: 69 Version: 7.6 Arch: x86_64 Status: Subscribed Status Details: Starts: 07/11/2018 Ends: 07/11/2019

Product Name: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server - Extended Update Support Product ID: 70 Version: 7.4 Arch: x86_64 Status: Subscribed Status Details: Starts: 07/11/2018 Ends: 07/11/2019

Its not that I don't know how to attach the subscriptions, its that "somehow" I have this "openstack installed product" that I don't want or use for this demo/lab and its using or requesting a subscription that I don't have.

Basically I want to get rid of it. :-)

Thanks, AA.

Hi Alejandro,

Not sure why it's listed as a product there, but as you don't have the subscription, you can simply ignore it.
There is nothing OpenStack related installed on your system, because you don't have access to the repo. :)

Regards,
Christian

That's right, and all the openstack related repos in /etc/yum.repos.d/redhat.repo are marked as disabled (enabled=0).

Its annoying though, since I keep receiving these notifications and popups constantly.

Everything else works fine, its just that I wanted to get it fixed ... Thanks anyway. AA

I want to encourage you to open a support case - the support engineers will get you sorted, and learnings from your case will help others in the future.

We will see ... (NEW) (WoRH) (SEV 4) Case #02267797 (Issue with Subscription Manager and OpenStack)

AA

It was resolved. Please see the response from HT Engineering:

(In reply to Castranio, John)

Hello John,

Quick & simple :-). That did the trick indeed. Thanks a lot for your help and prompt response.

AA.

Hello,

My name is John and I will be working on your case.

The installed products on your system are determined by PEM files located in /etc/pki/product or if that is empty then /etc/pki/product-default/

Specifically you would be looking for 191.pem. Removing this file and refreshing subscription-manager will no longer show is as missing an entitlement for that product.

Thanks, John Castranio Red Hat

Close

Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.