System is not properly subscribed

Latest response

I am trying to attach subscription and I am getting message that "System is not properly subscribed".

$ subscription-manager subscribe --auto
Installed Product Current Status:
Product Name: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server

Please help.
Kevin Duraj

Responses

Hi Kevin,

What often happens if your system has more defined sockets than what is covered under your subscription ( 4 sockets with a 1-2 socket subscription for example) is that the 'auto' option cannot attach that by default.

You can review all available subscriptions by running:

# subscription-manager list --available --all

And you should be able to see the pool of subscriptions your looking to apply. This can be applied with:

# subscription-manager subscrive --pool=POOL_ID

If you don't see that, or you have additional questions regarding subscriptions, sockets, and what this all means give us a call at 1-888-GOREDHAT and we can help you further.

subscription-manager attach --pool 8a85f981430cbbae0143205e15c906be
Successfully attached a subscription for: Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Virtual Datacenters, Premium

subscription-manager list
+-------------------------------------------+
Installed Product Status
+-------------------------------------------+
Product ID: 69
Version: 6.4
Arch: x86_64
Starts:
Ends:

I have a different situation. subscription-manager list shows

Product ID: 69
Version: 6.5
Arch: x86_64
Starts: xxxx
Ends: xxxxx

But the portal, even after 48 hours still shows "System is not properly subscribed". What gives?

did you resolved ? I have the same problem.

Hi Elia ! :) Please execute the following commands :

sudo subscription-manager remove --all
sudo subscription-manager unregister
sudo subscription-manager clean

sudo subscription-manager register
sudo subscription-manager refresh
sudo subscription-manager attach --auto

Thanks a lot! It works for me!!

You're welcome, Mauro ! :)

Regards,
Christian

Hello, I am curious did this ever get resolved. Reason why I ask is that I am encountering the same issue with my Satellite server. I am getting the error "Not Subscribed Installed products are not covered by attached subscriptions. Updates cannot be received" when I look at my system page on access.redhat.com.

However I believe that my Satellite is registered. So curious as to why I am registered via Satellite but not the server is not. I built this server from scratch and its 7.3 and registered it. I am having issues now trying to register my servers via the bootstrap.py script. I am thinking maybe this is possibly the problem.

Thank you,

Patrick Broderick

This just worked for me! THANKS!!!

WHAT (specifically) worked for you?

Just to let everyone know I ended up opening a ticket with RedHat Support to get this issue resolved.

Patrick, what was your solution? I have the same problem.

Hello!

I have the same problem. When I try:

sudo subscription-manager remove --all sudo subscription-manager unregister sudo subscription-manager clean

sudo subscription-manager register sudo subscription-manager refresh sudo subscription-manager attach --auto

I get the following message: Installed Product Current Status:

Product Name: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server Status: Not Subscribed Unable to find available subscriptions for all your installed products.

So my question is; how can I be a subscriber?

All the best,

Michael

This article helped me resolve the issue I was having: https://access.redhat.com/it/articles/3152351

Hi there, I see this

[root@mysys ~]# subscription-manager attach --auto Installed Product Current Status: Product Name: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server Status: Not Subscribed

I registered without any issue but when i try to subscribe auto it does not work. anyone can guide me please? thanks

Hi Jehan,

Did you run the commands which I provided above (see my response to Elia) ?
If this doesn't work for you, I recommend that you contact Customer Support.

Regards,
Christian

Hello I have a CentOS 7.4 I have registered it with RedHat but seems it is having the same issue..... I ran all the commands above but still having the same issue any help!!?

Hi Madhi,

You cannot "register CentOS with Red Hat" ... hence the commands I have provided above do not work of course. :)

Regards,
Christian

I have satellite that the activation keys, I have keys for RHEL6, RHEL7 CentOS6 and CentOS7 I am having the same issue with the RHEL6

Thanks, Mahdi

Hi Mahdi,

If you can't register a RHEL system and attach a valid subscription, after you tried to do it with
the commands I have provided to Elia above, you should contact Red Hat Customer support. :)

Regards,
Christian

Close

Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.