No available subscription pools were found matching the expression "Red Hat Virtualization"

Latest response

Hi I am trying to access the Red hat virtualization repo as mentioned the guide https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_virtualization/4.3/html-single/installing_red_hat_virtualization_as_a_self-hosted_engine_using_the_command_line/index#Enabling_the_Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux_Host_Repositories_SHE_deployment_host.

So when i execute the command to register my red hat enterprise linux virtual machine ( a virtual machine running on openstack) with the subscription redhat virtualization i am returned with no subscriptions pools were found. As a result when i run "subscription-manager repos --enable=rhel-7-server-rhev-4-mgmt-agent-rpms" as in the documentation iam returned with an error saying repo wasnt found. Can anyone help with this?

Responses

Hi Akash,

May be that you don't have RHEV subscription available. You could check using this command:

# subscription-manager list --available --matches="Red Hat Virtualization" 

If you don't see any output then you may have to subscribe for it. Please get in touch with Red Hat Sales team or your account manager for further help.

I hope this helps.

Hi Sadashiva, Do i have to explicitly subscribe to Red hat virtualization? when i try the command subscription-manager list --available --matches="Red Hat Virtualization" i get no matches found. However i have other subscriptions like the the RHEL ,redhat openshift container platform etc.