How to retrieve an Ansible Tower license file for CentOS 8

Latest response

Hello Team,

I am unable to pass fresh install Nasible Tower licence page.
I have not received licence file by mail and thare is no way to download it from portal.
Could you please provide some support.

Regards

Responses

Hi Issa,

You may want to read the discussion https://access.redhat.com/discussions/4359741.
We are a volunteers driven portal, please contact the official Red Hat Ansible team. :)

Regards,
Christian

Issa, Christian is correct. If you attempt to go to Red Hat support, they'll point you directly to the Ansible team. Follow Christian's link above.

Regards,
RJ

Hi all,

I just installed Ansible Tower 3.7.0.2 and I did not get a license file, instead I got an Ansible Tower subscription.

At the first login to the Ansible webui I got an option to fill in the credentials of the Customer Portal (it needs privileges to check Subscriptions) and I could choose which Tower subscription I liked to attach to the instance.

I received a mail with this subject: Your Red Hat subscription is now active

Two details:

• I run the Tower on RHEL 7.8
  • CentOS 8 is officially not supported CentOS 7.7+ is.

Regards,

Jan Gerrit

Hello Guys,

Thanks for this update. Will review now my installs with Centos 7. Keep you updated.

Rgds

You're welcome, Issa ! :)

Hello,

New fresh install Under CentOS Linux release 7.8.2003 (Core) Following is log file when trying to logging to retreive trail licence: 2020-06-11 12:37:23,050 WARNING django.request Bad Request: /api/v2/config/subscriptions/ 2020-06-11 12:42:38,289 WARNING awx.api.generics status 400 received by user admin attempting to access /api/v2/config/subscriptions/ from 192.168.170.1 2020-06-11 12:42:38,295 WARNING django.request Bad Request: /api/v2/config/subscriptions/

Any suggestions ?

Rgds

Document Reads: It seems that for non Redhat install, licence should be asked to a sale representative. Some help to point one will be appreciated .

Regards

Hi Issa,

What I told you to do is still valid ... and especially for non-RHEL installations. Please contact the Ansible team. :)

Regards,
Christian

Sure Christian, Thanks. I'm trying to get a contact.

Regards

I wish you good luck, Issa ! :)

Oh! Thank you Christian :-)

Hello Guys,

Switched to AWX for testing.... Successfully set up using docker-compose. @Christian Labisch: This will be the way i'd recommend to new users for testing purposes. Regards & Great WE

Thanks for the information, Issa ! Please note that AWX is not exactly the same, there are differences compared
to Red Hat's implementation of Ansible Tower. It's a good way to start with and it's good for general testing, but
if one wants to use Ansible Tower in production, the official trial version would definitely be the better choice. :)

Regards,
Christian

Correct Christian, I'm in a learning process and the goal is to test in my home lab. I was not aware for the open fork of Tower(AWX). It seems to be a nice project. It fit into my needs, has same functionalities as Tower except support. So GOOD for getting "hand dirty"; the best way to learn a product. Sure that in case of production deployment, Ansible Tower should be used.

Thanks and Regards Issa

Hi Issa,

Glad to read that you could achieve what you wanted. Have a great weekend - and enjoy testing AWX on CentOS. :)

Regards,
Christian

Hi Issa,

Just to help other forum members, could you change the title to "How to retrieve an Ansible Tower license file for CentOS 8?".

The current title may be confusing to some members, as emails from the Discussion Forum do not show the Category of your post.

Regards,

Jan Gerrit