Number of Parameters in HttpRequest

Latest response

Hello, this problem stems from getting the following error:
io.undertow.util.ParameterLimitException: UT000047: The number of parameters exceeded the maximum of 1000

Now I know I can increase max-parameters but my system people don't want me to do that. Also, 1000 is a lot of parameters. So I am looking at reducing the number of parameters being sent across.
So I will attempt to briefly describe the process and hopefully someone can offer some advice.

This web app is being converted to run on JBoss, it has been running on Apache Tomcat. I didn't write the original code. It creates letters to be mailed in a pdf format. There is a JSP page that displays the name, address etc. for all the letters that will be created. It uses HTML

<

table>

to show the data and JSTL tags, namely c:set to set variables for various things like background color and width of the columns.

I have tried Expression Language in this results JSP using ${pageContext.request.parameterMap} to see how many parameters there are but there is only one parameter.

So my question is this, where are all the parameters coming from? Is every

and counted as a parameter? A lot of this data is stored internally in the application so I don't really need to send it back and forth in the request. I am trying to find a way to eliminate most of the parameters before the request is returned to the application.

Does this make sense ? If there is another approach, please let me know. I am not well versed in everything that happens internally with the http requests and responses going back and forth.

I can provide more information if needed.

Thanks in advance !!

Responses