Error downloading packages: Cannot download Packages/l/libgovirt-0.3.4-12.el8_2.x86_64.rpm --OR-- /p/podman-1.6.4-11.module+el8.2.0+6368+cf16aa14.x86_64.rpm: All mirrors were tried.

Latest response

Any ideas?

Today, I attempted updating my RHEL 8.1 to RHEL 8.2 using:
[root@SERVER ~]# yum --releasever=8.2 update

until approx 80% thru the update...

Returned "Error downloading packages:
Cannot download Packages/l/libgovirt-0.3.4-12.el8_2.x86_64.rpm: All mirrors were tried"

See attached file for CLI start/end transcript. <<<

After the Error, I tried:

[root@SERVER ~]# yum search Libgovirt

======= Name Matched: Libgovirt =========
libgovirt.x86_64 : A GObject library for interacting with oVirt REST API
libgovirt.i686 : A GObject library for interacting with oVirt REST API

Then, I tried:
[root@SERVER ~]# yum search libgovirt-0.3.4-12.el8_2.x86_64

Updating Subscription Management repositories.
No matches found.
[root@SERVER ~]#

Attachments

Responses

Just ran yum update and my RHEL 8.1 updated ALL packages to RHEL 8.2 status

Maybe the RHEL team knows why my first attempt returned an Error -- but I'm moving on now.

Thanks.

Getting the same thing today on a fresh build of 8.2

Until RH sorts out the RHEL 8.2 install, I would install a fresh build of RHEL 8.1 and then "yum update" -- which is what worked for me. Good luck!

Getting the same thing here after trying to update a fresh install.

Red Hat Enterprise Linux release 8.1 (Ootpa)
Linux 4.18.0-147.el8.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Sep 26 15:52:44 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

[root@host coryk]# yum repolist
Updating Subscription Management repositories.
Last metadata expiration check: 0:05:44 ago on Mon 04 May 2020 02:52:08 PM CDT.
repo id                                repo name                                                       status
*epel                                  Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 8 - x86_64                   5,402
rhel-8-for-x86_64-appstream-rpms       Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 for x86_64 - AppStream (RPMs)        10,624
rhel-8-for-x86_64-baseos-rpms          Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 for x86_64 - BaseOS (RPMs)            4,756

[MIRROR] libgovirt-0.3.4-12.el8_2.x86_64.rpm: Status code: 404 for https://cdn.redhat.com/content/dist/rhel8/8/x86_64/appstream/os/Packages/l/libgovirt-0.3.4-12.el8_2.x86_64.rpm
[FAILED] libgovirt-0.3.4-12.el8_2.x86_64.rpm: No more mirrors to try - All mirrors were already tried without success
The downloaded packages were saved in cache until the next successful transaction.
You can remove cached packages by executing 'dnf clean packages'.
Error: Error downloading packages:
  Cannot download Packages/l/libgovirt-0.3.4-12.el8_2.x86_64.rpm: All mirrors were tried

Dear Mr. Kielion,

I understand that you are experiencing some problems while updating a RHEL 8.1 system to RHEL 8.2 and the process is reporting that cannot retrieve the package "libgovirt" with the following message:

[MIRROR] libgovirt-0.3.4-12.el8_2.x86_64.rpm: Status code: 404 for https://cdn.redhat.com/content/dist/rhel8/8/x86_64/appstream/os/Packages/l/libgovirt-0.3.4-12.el8_2.x86_64.rpm [FAILED] libgovirt-0.3.4-12.el8_2.x86_64.rpm: No more mirrors to try - All mirrors were already tried without success

Have you tried again at a different time? What was the result? Did you face the same problem again or it eventually succeeded?

On one hand, the error reported might have been caused by a temporal problem retrieving that specific package from our CDN (Content Delivery Network). If, on the other hand, this error would persistent at all times, that could indicate a problem on our CDN. In such a case, do not hesitate letting us know so that we can check it internally.

For better assistance, I recommend opening a case directly with Red Hat Technical Support:

Contacting Technical Support https://access.redhat.com/support/contact/technicalSupport

Best regards.

Yes. Multiple attempts were made over the course of several hours last night.

It now seems that the file is present. However, a new problem arises:

[MIRROR] podman-1.6.4-11.module+el8.2.0+6368+cf16aa14.x86_64.rpm: Status code: 404 for https://cdn.redhat.com/content/dist/rhel8/8/x86_64/appstream/os/Packages/p/podman-1.6.4-11.module+el8.2.0+6368+cf16aa14.x86_64.rpm
[FAILED] podman-1.6.4-11.module+el8.2.0+6368+cf16aa14.x86_64.rpm: No more mirrors to try - All mirrors were already tried without success
The downloaded packages were saved in cache until the next successful transaction.
You can remove cached packages by executing 'dnf clean packages'.
Error: Error downloading packages:
  Cannot download Packages/p/podman-1.6.4-11.module+el8.2.0+6368+cf16aa14.x86_64.rpm: All mirrors were tried

I've just made multiple attempts with the same result. I wonder if your theory about potentially having issues with your CDN isn't plausible. That or there are just files missing from the repo.

I am not eligible for direct support.

I can complete a 'yum update' at this time when I was also tripping up on the podman update.

I was just now able to update my four RHEL8.1 systems. (Though TeamViewer and QT5 libs continue to be a real pain.)

I just now tried to use the GUI-based software tool which stated that there were some plugins for Gnome that required an update and restart. The software made the attempt but reported similar errors for a package that I didn't quite catch the name of.

I suspect that, despite our updates being more successful, there are some underlying issues that the RHEL team may want to look into.

Hello,

Thank you for reporting the results of the next attempts. I would like to inform you that I have created an internal ticket for the responsible team so that they can check this up. Let me apologize for the inconveniences.

Best regards.

I called RH Support a couple hours ago & requested this to be examined by their repo team. Nikolas Mastrandreou (nmastran@redhat.com) took my phone call and assured me someone would email me a response but I haven't received anything yet.

Dear Mr. Cramer,

My name is Jesús Serrano and I am a colleague of Nikolas. Thank you for reporting this problem.

I understand that, you were experiencing some problems while the command "yum --releasever=8.2 update" was retrieving the package "libgovirt" and it was reported as follows (from what I see in the file attached):

[MIRROR] libgovirt-0.3.4-12.el8_2.x86_64.rpm: Status code: 404 for https://cdn.redhat.com/content/dist/rhel8/8.2/x86_64/appstream/os/Packages/l/libgovirt-0.3.4-12.el8_2.x86_64.rpm [FAILED] libgovirt-0.3.4-12.el8_2.x86_64.rpm: No more mirrors to try - All mirrors were already tried without success

I do understand, however, that you have then run again the update and it finished successfully, without this problem being reported again. Is my understanding correct?

The error reported might have been caused by a temporal problem retrieving that specific package from our CDN (Content Delivery Network). Let me apologize for that.

If, on the other hand, this error would persistent at all times, that could indicate a problem on our CDN. In such a case, do not hesitate letting us know so that we can check it internally.

Regards.

Installed RHEL 8.1 from an x86_64 dvd iso and getting this on my first 'dnf update' as well.

Dear Mr. Klecker,

Have you tried again at a different time? What was the result? Did you face the same problem again or it eventually succeeded?

On one hand, the error reported might have been caused by a temporal problem retrieving that specific package from our CDN (Content Delivery Network). If, on the other hand, this error would persistent at all times, that could indicate a problem on our CDN. In such a case, do not hesitate letting us know so that we can check it internally.

For better assistance, I recommend opening a case directly with Red Hat Technical Support:

Contacting Technical Support https://access.redhat.com/support/contact/technicalSupport

Best regards.

I am not eligible for direct support.

I tried a few different times with 2 virtual machines, one fresh installed, one that was setup and shut down a month ago. Both installed off the same 8.1 DVD iso.

yum/dnf update no longer trips up on libgovirt, but instead errors with Error: Error downloading packages: Cannot download Packages/p/podman-1.6.4-11.module+el8.2.0+6368+cf16aa14.x86_64.rpm: All mirrors were tried"

---EDIT-- After testing, and coming back to the thread I ran the update again and now it is working for me.

Hello,

I am glad to hear that it finally worked. As I have mentioned earlier in another comment, I have created an internal ticket for the responsible team so that they can check this up.

Best regards.

Updated Title of this thread to reflect both libgovirt and the podman packages for easier search results in the community.