subscription-manager register fails

Latest response

I signed up for a red hat developer account today. I downloaded redhat 8 and running it in vmware fusion on a mac. I do subscription-manager register. Then enter my username and pwd. It then responds back:
'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

I saw this on the web saying this was fixed, is a dns issue and various other things. I'm obviously resolving dns if I can browse in firefox. I tried some of the other things but I always get this issue. I've also tried reinstalling but no luck.

Any suggestions?

Responses

Hello Kristina,

These are the common troubleshooting steps which would needs to be performed and found to fix most of such issues :

# subscription-manager remove --all
# subscription-manager unregister
# subscription-manager clean
# yum clean all
# rm -rf /var/cache/yum/*
# subscription-manager register
# subscription-manager attach --auto

If the above steps doesn't help check out the '/var/log/rhsm/rhsm.log' file for any errors/hints about the failure. Verify if there is any proxy required or not and configure accordingly. Check the settings of the file "/etc/rhsm/rhsm.conf".

Also, make sure that your developer subscription is active. Otherwise, you would not be able to subscribe. You could visit the below link and login to see active/valid subscription tagged in your account. https://access.redhat.com/management/

I hope this helps. All the best!

Hi, I have the same problem, tried the above but did not work. Any ideas? BR

try this command line: subscrition-manager register --force --autosubscribe

Hi, I have the same problem. Apparently there is a problem with RHEL 8.2. What is the rhel version you are using ? If it were possible for you, think about the possibility of changing to version 8.1 for example. That is more stable.

Good luck!

this command not fixing the issue :( still subscrition-manager register --force --autosubscribe