Unable to install Pandas for Python in RHEL 8

Latest response

Hi,

I am trying to install Pandas for python in my RHEL 8 server. I tried listing pandas package using "yum list pandas" and it gave me the below package python3-pandas.x86_64 under available packages.

But, when I try to install this package using "yum install python3-pandas.x86_64", it shows the below error

Problem: package python3-pandas-0.25.3-1.el8.x86_64 requires python3-matplotlib, but none of the providers can be installed
- conflicting requests
- nothing provides libqhull.so.7()(64bit) needed by python3-matplotlib-3.0.3-3.el8.x86_64
(try to add '--skip-broken' to skip uninstallable packages or '--nobest' to use not only best candidate packages)

Do i need to install libqhull.so.7()(64bit) explicitly? If so, can you please let me know how can i do it? I dont see any relevant packages for this. Also, as per the redhat documentation in the link
(https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/8/pdf/considerations_in_adopting_rhel_8/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux-8-Considerations_in_adopting_RHEL_8-en-US.pdf)

it says libqhull is already avaliable as part RHEL 8. But i dont see the package. Is there something that i am missing on this

Responses