"rhel-7-server-ansible-2.6-rpms is not a valid repository ID" error message being thrown when trying to enable the repository

Latest response

Hoping one of the members here can help me. I am trying to install OCP 3.11 using a terraform script and I am getting the following error being thrown :[[0m^[[0mmodule.openshift.module.prepare_bastion.null_resource.run_playbook_create[0] (remote-exec): ^[[0;31mfatal: [172.16.55.2]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "rhel-7-server-ansible-2.6-rpms is not a valid repository ID", "results": ["Repository 'rhel-7-server-ose-3.11-rpms' is enabled for this system", "Repository 'rhel-7-server-optional-rpms' is enabled for this system", "rhel-7-server-ansible-2.6-rpms is not a valid repository ID"]}^[[0m

When I run the following command on the command line also I get the same error.
[root@vg-boot terraform-openshift3-vmware-example]# subscription-manager repos --enable "rhel-7-server-ansible-2.6-rpms"
Error: 'rhel-7-server-ansible-2.6-rpms' does not match a valid repository ID. Use "subscription-manager repos --list" to see valid repositories.

I do have an OCP NFR Subscription.

What am I missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Vishy

Responses

Hi Venkata,

Execute : sudo subscription-manager repos --list-disabled | grep ansible

If Ansible is available, enable the latest Ansible repository, which currently is version 2.8. :)

sudo subscription-manager repos --enable rhel-7-server-ansible-2.8-rpms

Regards,
Christian

Hi! Christian:

Thanks for your reply. I did try the command you mentioned, and I am getting a blank result.

[cipadmin@vg-boot ~]$ sudo subscription-manager repos --list-disabled | grep ansible [cipadmin@vg-boot ~]$

Anything else I should try. Appreciate your help.

Thanks and Regards,

Vishy

Hi Venkata,

That most probably means that the use of Ansible is not covered by your subscription. :)

What you can do is using Ansible from the EPEL repository - execute these commands :

sudo rpm -ivh https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/epel-release-latest-7.noarch.rpm

sudo yum update
sudo yum install ansible

Regards,
Christian

Hi! Christian:

When I had requested for an NFR License for OCP, I assumed Ansible would also be part of it. Do I need to request it specifically?

Thanks and Regards,

Vishy

Hi Venkata,

Seems like you have to do that ... and if you can't get it, you can use the alternative solution I've provided above. :)

Regards,
Christian

Hi! Christian:

Thanks for all your help. Would you happen to know where I request ansible subscription.

Thanks and Regards,

Vishy

Hi Venkata,

You're welcome ! :) Here you can request the subscription : https://www.ansible.com/products/pricing

Regards,
Christian

Hi Vishy,

Christian gives a good advise, if you need Ansible for production. If you want to use a NFR subscription for test or development, please contact the Red Hat account manager or reseller that provided the OCP NFR subscription.

Regards,

Jan Gerrit Kootstra

Hi Jan Gerrit,

Thanks ! :) Alternatively Venkata can download/request the free trial - as far as I know ten nodes are free (forever).

Regards,
Christian

Do you have standard support with your NFR? If so you may open a support case.

Hi Venkata,

It's me again ... Yesterday I had a longer discussion about how to solve your problem with my friend (and Accelerators "buddy"),
Jan Gerrit Kootstra. He said that you indeed would need the specific Ansible version 2.6 to run OCP without issues, so in order
to get that version, you need the official Red Hat repository to gain access. We were not sure if the use of the Ansible (Engine)
repos is covered by your subscription, or not. Conclusion : We do recommend to contact Red Hat Customer Service and/or the Red Hat Support team. Eventually there is a misconfiguration and this can only be solved by Red Hat. Additionally contact your TAM. :)

Regards,
Christian

Thanks Christian. My NFR license comes with no support and so I was not sure who to contact and reach out here.

Thanks and Regards,

Vishy

You're welcome, Vishy ! I wish you luck and (hopefully) success ! :)

Regards,
Christian