subscription-manager registration error

Latest response

I registered my server on RH site two weeks ago and everything was working fine, Developer asked me to delete the VM and create a new one with same name and same IP address.
I deleted the VM and also deleted from the RH registration site. I created a new one with different IP address but when i try to subscription-manager register I am getting error message.

I am not sure if RH website will take some time to register the same name server, Can you please tell me what to do or I ahve to wait some time

Ned

Responses

Hi Ned,

Execute the following commands and try again. :)

sudo subscription-manager remove --all
sudo subscription-manager unregister
sudo subscription-manager clean

Regards,
Christian

getting Network error unable to connect to server, please see /var/log/rhsm/rhsm.log

Hi Ned,

Did you select "Automatically connect to this network" during the installation process in the Anaconda installer ?
If you didn't (maybe you didn't know it - or forgot it), please activate the network and run the commands again. :)

Regards,
Christian

hello. I am unable to register my ec2 redhat instance. while i am trying to register i am getting below error :-

Network error, unable to connect to server. Please see /var/log/rhsm/rhsm.log for more information.

Regards, Amit Singh Negi

Hi Amit,

What error is in /var/log/rhsm/rhsm.log?

Regards,

Jan Gerrit