Cannot install nvidia driver

Latest response

I have Nouveau disabled. But, something about the kernel is not right. There are some dependencies or repos that I need that I do not have. I am on a gigabyte x299 designare ex motherboard and booting from a Samsung 970 Pro M.2 device. I am trying to install an Nvidia Quadro P5000. I also am on a 10 core intel i series processor along with 128gb of RAM. No matter what version of the driver I try I receive a message ERROR: An error occurred while performing the step: "Building kernel modules". See /var/log/nvidia-installer.log for details. Then, ERROR: An error occurred while performing the step: "Checking to see whether the nvidia kernel module was successfully built".
See /var/log/nvidia-installer.log for details.; ERROR: The nvidia kernel module was not created. ERROR: Installation has failed. Please see the file '/var/log/nvidia-installer.log' for details. You may find suggestions on
fixing installation problems in the README available on the Linux driver download page at www.nvidia.com. I have seen this problem before on posts about previous versions of Red Hat. However, none of those forums entail a solution to Red Hat Linux 8 and the problem that I am experiencing as I have tried it. I have tried cuda and not even that would install. If anyone could help me ASAP that would be great. I have a project in stall because I cannot get Red Hat squared off. I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

Responses