**Unable to see the Delployed *.ear, *.war files under deployments folder in Jboss EAP version 7.1.0 admin console.**

Latest response

I need to use the features of JBOSS admin console for adding new deployments.

I see an issue with the admin console in both DEV and QA environments.

Admin console is not loading deployed applications.

Error message: Unable to load the deployments

I have checked, all the applications are up and running well. I am able to see all the deployments from the Putty like you can see in the attached 'ERROR_Screen_Shot.jpg' file below but for some reason the deployments are unable to load in the Jboss admin console version 7.1.0 like you can see in the attached 'Deployments_error_msg.png' file below.

When I had raised a ticket with the Informatica global support team to check whether the current version of Jboss version 7.1.0 could be a possible reason that is causing this issue, but they replied saying as per MDM 10.3 HF1 PAM they are supporting all versions of JBoss 7.1.x.

I believe I should be able to seeing MDM deployments in the JBoss admin console, but that part is not working for me. Before upgrading to MDM 10.3 HF1 we were able to see deployments in JBoss 6.4.

So what do you think that is causing this issue?

Please help me in fixing it.

Thank you,

Sai.

Responses

I am getting the same issue in JBOSS 7.1 and MDM 10.3 HF1. I have applied JBOSS 7.1.3 patch but still getting the same problem. MDM siperian.ear files are deployed and everything is working perfectly but JBOSS deployment tab in admin console is still not displaying deployments. When i look at the JBOSS logs, there is a class not found exception. e.g

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.cxf.aegis.type.AegisType from [Module "deployment.siperian-mrm.ear.zds-gui.war" from Service Module Loader]

Any help would be appreciated.

We have a similar issue. were you able to resolve this? Except /provisioning, everything else is loading fine. As you have indicated, we are not able to view the deployments in JBoss Admin console.

We were able to resolve the JBOSS 7.1 deployments issue in our Test environment after modifying siperian-mrm.ear file and adding missing cxf-2.7.18 jars in lib folder. This fixed the cxf issue but we had to add more jars in lib folder as different modules error continued to occur while troubleshooting with the help of logs.

Provisioning tool, mdm and bdd always worked perfectly during this deployment issue, your issue could also be related to modules not loading properly by JBOSS.

This issue is only occurring on JBOSS 7, Websphere 9 was behaving fine with MDM 10.3 HF1.

I'm interpreting your "folder" reference to the corresponding Tab/Menu. We've deployed JBoss EAP 7.1.5.GA but not MDM. On selecting Deployments, a multicolumn display appears, in the left-most, you would select Server Groups, in the second, a specific named group (like ui-group), the deployments to that group fill the third column, highlighting one causes its details to be presented in the fourth/right-most. If you have the option, consider upgrading to this GA release version

Several thoughts. From JB4 to 7.1, the Deployments have been separated from the Runtime; so, verify that you're actually looking in the Deployments section for them; also as I described above, they're somewhat buried and have to be drilled into more than previously. Next, what operating system is the deployment on and are the ownership/permissions set correctly to enable proper visibility, including directory searching. Then, are all the required 'modules' loaded. Lastly, from JB4 to 7.1, you potentially/probably changed Java SDKs/VMs, are all the archives & env-vars correct for the new.