"Requested url was not found"

Latest response

Just created a capsule server to use with satellite. Install said it was successful, but when I try to connect the satellite in my browser I get the following, "Requested url was not found"
I'm connecting to https://testcapsule.medctr.edu:9090/users/login

any ideas???

Responses

Hello Leroy Walker,

As a test, in a web browser, attempt to go to the IP address instead of "testcapsule.medctr.edu" as an initial test.

Additionally try to ping both the IP address and the hostname "testcapsule.medctr.edu" and see if both are pingable.

I personally do not have to put the port URL directive of ":9090" on my Red Hat Satellites (any of them, we own quite a lot of them).

Let us know how this goes, someone ought to chime in with any replies you put in hopefully in short order.

Regards,

RJ

Hello, why are you trying to connect to the Capsule in your browser? You can see the Capsule's feature status if you navigate to Infrastructure > Capsules in the Satellite web UI.

See also:

Unable to access the capsule server on port 9090

When accessing Capsule Url, the following error is displayed: No client SSL certificate supplied

To enhance Stephen's correct answer a bit: Capsule / foreman-proxy / smart-proxy process does listen on that port that is opened on firewall. But it does not serve WebUI purposes but some rather internal Satellite<->Capsule communication.

So how do I actually manage the capsule?? I don't see it in my satellite admin page and when I try to add it in the gui (Infrastructure > Capsules > Create Capsule), I get the following error "Only one declaration of a proxy is allowed"

In the WebUI Infrastructure > Capsules, you should see the installed Capsule. Maybe set location and/or organization to Any. You can assign location(s)/organization(s) to a Capsule later on by editing it.

Usually, there is no big need to manage a Capsule. One assigns it all expected Lifecycle Environments that shall automatically sync content to the Capsule, assign it to Organizations and Locations, depending on use case one might need to work with puppet (auto)sign certificates.

Thanks Stephen.