Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server

Latest response

I am subscribe but keep getting
The system has been registered with ID: aaeaaef4-159d-4a60-af5f-9a3cf8948eed
The registered system name is: dhcppc11R

[root@dhcppc11 dsherif]# subscription-manager attach --auto
Installed Product Current Status:
Product Name: Red Hat Software Collections (for RHEL Server)

Product Name: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server

Unable to find available subscriptions for all your installed products.

Responses

Hi Sherif,

Start over from scratch, unregister and re-register the system.

sudo subscription-manager remove --all
sudo subscription-manager unregister
sudo subscription-manager clean

sudo subscription-manager register
sudo subscription-manager refresh

Now check for the pool ID of your subscription to be attached.

sudo subscription-manager list --available

This time attach a valid subscription by using a specific pool ID.

sudo subscription-manager attach --pool=<pool-ID>

This should solve your problem, please report back the results. :)

Regards,
Christian

Hello Christian Thanks for the quick answer but still same problem [root@dhcppc11 dsherif]# subscription-manager remove --all 0 subscriptions removed at the server. [root@dhcppc11 dsherif]# subscription-manager unregister Unregistering from: subscription.rhsm.redhat.com:443/subscription System has been unregistered. [root@dhcppc11 dsherif]# subscription-manager clean All local data removed [root@dhcppc11 dsherif]# subscription-manager list --available This system is not yet registered. Try 'subscription-manager register --help' for more information. [root@dhcppc11 dsherif]# subscription-manager register Registering to: subscription.rhsm.redhat.com:443/subscription Username: sherifyehia54@yahoo.com Password: The system has been registered with ID: 6afb060c-106b-4982-80bb-0508e61a7cf5 The registered system name is: dhcppc11 [root@dhcppc11 dsherif]# subscription-manager refresh All local data refreshed [root@dhcppc11 dsherif]# subscription-manager attach --pool= bash: syntax error near unexpected token `newline' [root@dhcppc11 dsherif]# subscription-manager attach --pool Usage: subscription-manager attach [OPTIONS]

subscription-manager: error: --pool option requires an argument [root@dhcppc11 dsherif]# subscription-manager attach Installed Product Current Status: Product Name: Red Hat Software Collections (for RHEL Server) Status: Not Subscribed

Product Name: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server Status: Not Subscribed

Unable to find available subscriptions for all your installed products. [root@dhcppc11 dsherif]#

Hi Sherif,

The problem starts here : subscription-manager list --available This system is not yet registered.
Please make sure that you are having a current valid subscription, if you have it should be listed.
And If you have a valid subscription, you should contact Customer Support to solve it for you. :)

Regards,
Christian

Hi Sherif,

Do you by chance have another physical RHEL system with your subscrption attached installed ?
You can attach only one physical system, check it here : https://access.redhat.com/management
In case you have another system attached - you need to remove it before attaching a new one. :)

Regards,
Christian

Hi Christian Yes I have it you mean I have to remove the whole set-up for red hat sever They expired and I have ONE active

Yes Sherif, you can remove the old system here : https://access.redhat.com/management/systems
Of course only if you want to ... as I said, you can use only one RHEL system with one subscription.
Most important is that there seems to be no issue with your subscription or with Red Hat RHSM. :)

Regards,
Christian

And Sherif, as I don't know any further details on your specific environment ... if you mean your
old subscription has expired and you want to attach your old system to the new subscription ...
then you should execute the commands on your old system (if you want to continue using it). :)

Regards,
Christian

Hello Christian First I would like to thanks you for your effort and time All I care about is to have my system see the new subscription
I executed the commend on my old system as you advised [dsherif@dhcppc11 ~]$ su Password: [root@dhcppc11 dsherif]# subscription-manager remove --all 0 subscriptions removed at the server. [root@dhcppc11 dsherif]# subscription-manager unregister Unregistering from: subscription.rhsm.redhat.com:443/subscription System has been unregistered. [root@dhcppc11 dsherif]# subscription-manager clean All local data removed [root@dhcppc11 dsherif]# subscription-manager register Registering to: subscription.rhsm.redhat.com:443/subscription Username: sherifyehia54@yahoo.com Password: The system has been registered with ID: 8282ae68-0473-4fa8-b2e0-c2f0c5b35de6 The registered system name is: dhcppc11 [root@dhcppc11 dsherif]# subscription-manager attach --pool= bash: syntax error near unexpected token `newline' [root@dhcppc11 dsherif]# subscription-manager attach --pool Usage: subscription-manager attach [OPTIONS]

subscription-manager: error: --pool option requires an argument [root@dhcppc11 dsherif]# subscription-manager attach --pool= 8282ae68-0473-4fa8-b2e0-c2f0c5b35de6 cannot parse argument: 8282ae68-0473-4fa8-b2e0-c2f0c5b35de6 [root@dhcppc11 dsherif]# subscription-manager attach Installed Product Current Status: Product Name: Red Hat Software Collections (for RHEL Server) Status: Not Subscribed

Product Name: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server Status: Subscribed

Unable to find available subscriptions for all your installed products. [root@dhcppc11 dsherif]#

May Be I am doing something silly

Thanks again

Hi Sherif,

You didn't attach the correct pool ID ... it should be something like this : 8a85f99b67105ae4016717e9bb1a0678
The characters are an example (from my RHEL 8 Beta subscription) ... your characters will be different of course. :)

sudo subscription-manager list --available
Subscription Name:   Red Hat Beta Access
Provides:            Red Hat CodeReady Linux Builder for x86_64 Beta
                     Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems Beta
                     Red Hat Enterprise Linux Fast Datapath Beta for Power, little endian
                     Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage Beta
                     Red Hat Enterprise Linux for x86_64 Beta
                     Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Real Time for NFV Beta
                     Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Real Time Beta
                     Red Hat CodeReady Linux Builder for ARM 64 Beta
                     Red Hat Enterprise Linux Fast Datapath Beta for x86_64
                     Red Hat CodeReady Linux Builder for Power, little endian Beta
                     Red Hat CodeReady Linux Builder for IBM z Systems Beta
                     Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability Beta
                     Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, little endian Beta
                     Red Hat Enterprise Linux for ARM 64 Beta
SKU:                 RH00069
Contract:            XXXXXXXX
Pool ID:             8a85f99b67105ae4016717e9bb1a0678
Provides Management: No
Available:           Unlimited
Suggested:           1
Service Level:       Self-Support
Service Type:        L1-L3
Subscription Type:   Standard
Starts:              15.11.2018
Ends:                15.11.2019
System Type:         Physical  

Regards,
Christian

Hello Christian

I am sorry to post again but I didn't do any thing Now it is working by itself I have no reason but he subscription manager say subscribed with the correct date Thanks for all the kind advice I had to point that out so other can see it took more time to work

You're welcome, Sherif ! :) I'm glad that you appreciate my assistance. Sometimes it needs a few hours or a day
until the subscription is completely activated after a renewal. Eventually this might have been the reason here.

Regards,
Christian