Openstack 13 enable Octavia.

Latest response

Hi Folks,
on OSP 13 LB should be already available. It is visible in horizon but it cannot be configured.
I have this instruction which does not work properly.
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_openstack_platform/13/html/networking_guide/sec-octavia

Any suggestion enabling octavia?

Thanks and Best Regards

Niko

Responses

Hi Niko,

So the /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/services-docker/octavia.yaml should be the main environment file to include to enable octavia. When you say the instructions don't work, is there a particular point in the docs where it fails?

Hi Daniel, thanks for quick response. i did not use this file to enable octavia. In tried this: tripleo-common/workbooks/octavia_post.yaml tripleo-heat-templates/docker/services/octavia/octavia-deployment-config.yam

In the standard redhat documenation i did not find the information about the octavia.yaml you sentl. I will test it and let you know thanks BR Niko

Hi,

I have same problem, when test create a loadbalance with octavia get this error :

| provisioning_status | ERROR |

Hi Pedro,

Any errors that pop up in /var/log/containers/octavia when you try to create a loadbalance?

I can't see any errors and nothing process running:

c46ee0659338 10.51.110.10:8787/rhosp13/openstack-octavia-housekeeping:13.0-54 "kolla_start" 18 hours ago Up 18 hours (healthy) octavia_housekeeping

#

50bb7fd71054 10.51.110.10:8787/rhosp13/openstack-octavia-health-manager:13.0-54 "kolla_start" 18 hours ago Up 18 hours (healthy) octavia_health_manager

#

e4bcd79b7c8a 10.51.110.10:8787/rhosp13/openstack-octavia-api:13.0-52 "kolla_start"
18 hours ago Up 18 hours (healthy) octavia_api

#

3929b40a959c 10.51.110.10:8787/rhosp13/openstack-octavia-worker:13.0-53 "kolla_start" 18 hours ago Up 18 hours (healthy) octavia_worker

Good morning - I am setting up a new RHOSP13 cloud for testing and need to deploy Octavia. My question - Did you add Octavia POST cloud deployment or just part of the normal cloud deployment? I ask because when I added it, I got errors that the LB networks did not exist and it failed out. It is possible that I made a mistake in a config file but trying to get an idea of the actual deployment flow.

Thanks

It would be insightful to know the exact steps used to configure the LB when the provisioning_status went to ERROR. I have seen this behaviour in configuring a healthmonitor of TCP to an application port where it is not returning OK but rather just random text. However if I use a HTTP monitor for port 80 all works.

Close

Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.