What is the difference between ansibe 2.5.2-1.el7 and 2.5.2-1.el7ae

Latest response

Hello,

On my machine I found two ansible packages from two different repositories:

Installed Packages
ansible.noarch                        2.5.2-1.el7                          @epel                         
Available Packages
ansible.noarch                        2.5.2-1.el7ae                        rhel-7-server-ansible-2.5-rpms

What does the 'ae' at the end of the version from rhel-server-ansible-2.5-rpms mean? From running a yum info ansible I still cannot tell the difference.

Installed Packages
Name        : ansible
Arch        : noarch
Version     : 2.5.2
Release     : 1.el7
Size        : 46 M
Repo        : installed
From repo   : epel
Summary     : SSH-based configuration management, deployment, and task execution system
URL         : http://ansible.com
License     : GPLv3+
Description : Ansible is a radically simple model-driven configuration management,
            : multi-node deployment, and remote task execution system. Ansible works
            : over SSH and does not require any software or daemons to be installed
            : on remote nodes. Extension modules can be written in any language and
            : are transferred to managed machines automatically.

Available Packages
Name        : ansible
Arch        : noarch
Version     : 2.5.2
Release     : 1.el7ae
Size        : 9.1 M
Repo        : rhel-7-server-ansible-2.5-rpms/x86_64
Summary     : SSH-based configuration management, deployment, and task execution system
URL         : http://ansible.com
License     : GPLv3+
Description : 
            : Ansible is a radically simple model-driven configuration management,
            : multi-node deployment, and remote task execution system. Ansible works
            : over SSH and does not require any software or daemons to be installed
            : on remote nodes. Extension modules can be written in any language and
            : are transferred to managed machines automatically.

As I could see the version with 'ae' is a lot smaller than the one without this appendix. Does this simply mean that the ansible engine is shipped with fewer modules than the version from epel? But otherwise they are the same?

Best regards,
Joerg K.

Responses