Customer Portal : Cannot access Preferences any more

Latest response

Since some days I am not able to change or view the Newsletter and Contact Preferences on my Red Hat account.
Whenever I click on Email (Newsletter and Contact) Preferences, after a short delay Your Red Hat Account opens.
I am experiencing the issue regardless which browser I use, it occurs with Chromium, Firefox and Google Chrome.

First I assumed it might be a temporary problem, but now - after more than 10 days - I guess it is rather general.
Is the problem related to my account specifically, or can anyone confirm the same ? Any suggestions ? Thanks :)

Responses

Same for my account.

Thank you for the confirmation, Siem ! :)

Regards,
Christian

Same here

Thanks, RJ ! :)

I tagged the post with "Customer Portal", so hopefully the concerned product team reads it and solves the issue.

Regards,
Christian

Thanks for confirming, Fausto ! :) Seems either to be a bigger problem or it's not being realized by the team - yet.

Regards,
Christian

Info : Today I have opened a support case in order to get the problem investigated ... which hopefully leads to a working solution.

Thanks Martinko, I received a response from Customer support that the relevant team starts the investigation. :)

Regards,
Christian

Hi everybody,

Just received an answer on my support case and want to inform everyone who is interested in the topic - here is what they wrote :

I found a bit of information on your inquiry. It appears that the Newsletter and Contact Preferences section had become outdated and/or irrelevant. The link is scheduled to be removed but that task has not been completed as of yet. You can manage your Newsletter and Contact Preferences via the link below. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

https://engage.redhat.com/Global-Preference-Center  

Regards,
Christian