RHEL 7.5 Beta - testing results (various issues)

Latest response

I have created a KVM virtual machine with virt-manager in order to test the coming point release of RHEL 7 server, the RHEL 7.5 beta version was released a few days ago. There are some bugs, such like the complete freezing of the Anaconda installer during the preparation of the installation process ... which makes it necessary to reboot from the installation medium and start all over from scratch several times.

Another bug is that after a successful installation the system boots with an "ACPI PCC probe failed" error. I tested different variants : Minimal install (without a GUI) / Server with GUI / EFI (gpt) / Legacy BIOS (msdos) / Default partitioning (LVM) / Custom (standard) partitioning. The GUI version only provides GNOME Classic, regardless if I choose the GNOME or the GNOME Classic option on the GDM login screen.

But the most important bug is that whatever I try, I am not able to register the system and attach my subscription. The virtual machine has the same same configuration as the properly running RHEL 7.4 Server VM. Does anybody experience similar problems - or does someone have an idea how to solve these issues ? Hopefully a Red Hat employee reads this post and passes over the information to the developer team.

Unfortunately I can't continue to further test the new edition, due to the fact that without registration and subscription attachment the installation of additional packages is impossible. Just in case it matters or makes a difference, I am wanting to attach the free no-cost Red Hat Developer Suite subscription. But the last time when I tested RHEL 7.4 Beta it worked properly with the free Developer Suite subscription.

Responses