'rhel-7-server-optional-rpms' does not match a valid repository ID

Latest response

Hello,

I am encountering this problem on a RedHat 7.3 server. I run the command as follows:
- subscription-manager repos --enable rhel-7-server-optional-rpms and it returns and error as follows:
- Error: 'rhel-7-server-optional-rpms' does not match a valid repository ID. Use "subscription-manager repos --list" to see valid repositories.

So here is output of subscription-manager repos --list
+----------------------------------------------------------+
Available Repositories in /etc/yum.repos.d/redhat.repo
+----------------------------------------------------------+
Repo ID: rhel-7-server-rpms
Repo Name: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Server (RPMs)
Repo URL: https://rhs1v.xxx/pulp/repos/xxxxxx/Library/content/dist/rhel/server/7/7.4/$basearch/os
Enabled: 1

Repo ID: rhel-7-server-satellite-tools-6.2-rpms
Repo Name: Red Hat Satellite Tools 6.2 (for RHEL 7 Server) (RPMs)
Repo URL: https://rhs1v.xxx/pulp/repos/xxxxxx/Library/content/dist/rhel/server/7/7Server/$basearch/sat-tools/6.2/os

Repo ID: rhel-7-server-extras-rpms
Repo Name: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Server - Extras (RPMs)
Repo URL: https://rhs1v.xxx/pulp/repos/xxxxxx/Library/content/dist/rhel/server/7/7Server/$basearch/extras/os

Repo ID: rhel-7-server-rhn-tools-rpms
Repo Name: RHN Tools for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Server (RPMs)
Repo URL: https://rhs1v.xxx/pulp/repos/xxxxxx/Library/content/dist/rhel/server/7/7.4/$basearch/rhn-tools/os
Enabled: 0

Repo ID: rhel-server-rhscl-7-rpms
Repo Name: Red Hat Software Collections RPMs for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Server
Repo URL: https://rhs1v.xxx/pulp/repos/xxxxxx/Library/content/dist/rhel/server/7/7.4/$basearch/rhscl/1/os
Enabled: 0

I have tried this on both my satellite server and the server where i want to enable the repository.

So how do I get it to match a valid Repository ID?

As always any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Patrick

Responses

Hi Patrick,

Not sure, but I think to having read that the 'optional' repository is only available for the newest point release of the main edition.
So upgrade the server to - or better clean install (as recommended in our other discussion) - the latest stable edition RHEL 7.4. :)

Regards,
Christian

Hello Christian,

So I need to update my RedHat Satellite Server to 7.4 then? What if this is not an option? Is there an alternative? The server I want to install it on is 7.4.

Regards, Patrick

Hi Patrick,

The latest edition of Red Hat Satellite is 6.2 and you said : "I am encountering this problem on a RedHat 7.3 server". :)

Regards,
Christian

My RedHat Satellite version is 6.2. However it is running on a RedHat 7.3 Server. Sorry for confusion.

I am trying to install the rhel-7-server-optional-rpms on a totally different server running version 7.4 that a Developer is looking to test with.

So trying either the Satellite Server or the Developers Server does not work.

Well Patrick that is strange, I am running 7.4 and have the 'optional' repository enabled.
Please try to rebuild everything from scratch - unregister and re-register the system ->

sudo subscription-manager remove --all
sudo subscription-manager unregister
sudo subscription-manager clean

sudo subscription-manager register
sudo subscription-manager refresh
sudo subscription-manager attach --auto

sudo subscription-manager repos --enable rhel-7-server-extras-rpms
sudo subscription-manager repos --enable rhel-7-server-optional-rpms
sudo subscription-manager repos --enable rhel-server-rhscl-7-rpms

Regards,
Christian

worthy! thanks

You're welcome ! :)

My Satellite is on 7.3

Hi Patrick,

Then upgrade the server (on which your Satellite is on) to 7.4 or freshly install 7.4 and afterwards reinstall Satellite. :)

Regards,
Christian

Hello,

I think I figured it out. I went to the content/sync status on the satellite server and checked Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Server - Optional RPMs x86_64 7.4 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Server - Optional RPMs x86_64 7.4

Then I synchronized and was able to add the subscription-manager repos --enable rhel-7-server-optional-rpms and I believe it is now working but my developer will confirm that for me.

Thank you so much again Christian.

Great Patrick,

You're welcome ! I'm glad to read that you've got it done.

Cheers :)
Christian

Patrick, please let us know how it goes, if there is some other solution, please share, thanks!

Hello R. Hinton, I believe I managed to get it to work. The solution was on the satellite server where I enabled the repository per my comments above. Thank you.

Glad you got it sorted out!

my error message are : Error: 'rhel-7-server-rhv-4.2-manager-rpms' does not match a valid repository ID. Use "subscription-manager repos --list" to see valid repositories. Error: 'rhel-7-server-rhv-4-managertools-rpms' does not match a valid repository ID. Use "subscription-manager repos --list" to see valid repositories. Error: 'jb-eap-7-for-rhel-7-server-rpms' does not match a valid repository ID. Use "subscription-manager repos --list" to see valid repositories. after unregister and re-register the system, there is no effect,what should i do?

Hi Chao,

Maybe this discussion thread might be a useful source to find a solution : Enable rhel-7-server-rhvh-4-rpms :)

Regards,
Christian

Thank you for your reply. but No effect for me, I am very sure there is something wrong with my Subscription Pool, as mentioned in the install guild,Red Hat Virtualization Manager are required Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server and Red Hat Virtualization Subscription Pool,but when i registed my system,i could only find RHEL Server pool info,why have no Red Hat Virtualization subscription pool info? Addition, my system is RHEL 7.5, anything wrong?I need your help,thanks.

Hi Chao, you need to have a separate Red Hat Virtualization subscription if you want to use it. :)

Regards,
Christian

I have registed as a developer, a developer has no Red Hat Virtualization subscription?

No Chao, the developer edition does not provide a (free) Red Hat Virtualization subscription. :)

Regards,
Christian

How do I get a Red Hat Virtualization subscription, pay on the official website? or contact the sales person?

Hi Chao, both ways are okay, but I think contacting the sales team would be the best in your case. :)

Regards,
Christian

Thanks,Christian. should i get a corporate account? or personal developer account to purchase related certificates?

Hi Chao, I don't think that it is necessary to create a new account to purchase these certificates. :)

Regards,
Christian

Ok, thank you,Christian.

You're welcome, Chao ! :)