subscription-manager: Disable custom content/repos by default when attaching subscription

Latest response

I was wondering if there is a global setting for subscription-manager you can use to change the behaviour that enables custom repositories by default.

I know it is possible to change Product Content defaults on activation key basis but this only affects repos that currently exist in Satellite, it doesn´t affect repos that I add after the activation key has been created.

This means that as soon as I add another repo to a custom product and publishes the content view, the repo will be enabled on ALL existing hosts that are using the content view.

Göran Törnqvist (Conoa)'s picture

Responses

Currently no. Custom Products default to 'enabled' for repositories. If you think this would make a good RFE, please file a support case or bugzilla requesting this.

edit: wrong account

Thanks. Since we are using puppet and the subscription_manager forge module I was able to create workaround to disable rhsm pool repos when the subscription is attached by puppet instead...

Was this helpful?

We appreciate your feedback. Leave a comment if you would like to provide more detail.
It looks like we have some work to do. Leave a comment to let us know how we could improve.
Close

Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.