Facing issues in client registration with satellite 6.2

Latest response

Hi,

my client system is ,
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.4 (Santiago)

which I am trying to register with Redhat Satellite 6.2

One of the step in registration is to update ca certificates on client using below command:

yum -y --nogpgcheck install http://satellite6.example.com/pub/katello-ca-consumer-latest.noarch.rpm

I am getting error in execution of this as below.

Preparing... ########################################### [100%]
1:katello-ca-consumer-elh########################################### [100%]
/usr/bin/katello-rhsm-consumer: line 281: update-ca-trust: command not found
/usr/bin/katello-rhsm-consumer: line 283: update-ca-trust: command not found

package - ca-certificates is already installed but its strange that its not providing command - update-ca-trust

[root@elhhpnet11 yum.repos.d]# yum install -y ca-certificates
Loaded plugins: product-id, security, subscription-manager
This system is receiving updates from Red Hat Subscription Management.
Setting up Install Process
Package ca-certificates-2010.63-3.el6_1.5.noarch already installed and latest version

I am stuck here from last 2 days.
need help asap.
Thanks in advance

Responses

Hi Eystein,

Have you checked in /usr/bin/update-ca-trust?

Tried updating ca-certificates-2010.63-3.el6_1.5.noarch to a more recent version?

/usr/bin/update-ca-trust is not present.

On trying update package getting below output.

[root@elhhpnet11 ~]# yum update ca-certificates Loaded plugins: product-id, security, subscription-manager This system is receiving updates from Red Hat Subscription Management. Setting up Update Process No Packages marked for Update

Hi Eystein,

Have you tried

rpm -Uvh http://satellite6.example.com/pub/katello-ca-consumer-latest.noarch.rpm

yes, I have tried the same. getting same error as above.

/usr/bin/katello-rhsm-consumer: line 281: update-ca-trust: command not found /usr/bin/katello-rhsm-consumer: line 283: update-ca-trust: command not found

I can not find "update-ca-trust" binary on system.

and sometimes I use rpm --ivh http://mysatelliteserver.example.org/pub/katello-ca-consumer-latest.noarch.rpm --force only when taking the rpm Jonathan gave. I can give another example on Monday perhaps for the RHEL 6.x systems I join to my 6.2.11 satellite servers.

However if Johnathan's method works - great but that's yet another option. I'll verify this post of mine on Monday.

I also have a satellite content view pre-set, and also have activation keys pre-established, and have the proper content view for a particular set of systems (workstation/server one each for rhel6/7). More to come on Monday

The problem here I am facing is, though I have package "ca-certificates" installed system is complaining that "update-ca-trust" command not found.

Hello, according to our guides, Configuring a Host for Registration, Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 6.4 should just work for this procedure. Please review that section of the Host Configuration Guide and then raise a support request if you still have a problem with this procedure.

Hi Eystein,

Can you try yum -y reinstall ca-certificates?

Regards,

Jan Gerrit Kootstra

Hi Jan, Yes tried re installation of ca-certificates, still same issue.

Close

Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.