We need support in WILDFLY

Latest response

We need support in WILDFLY at enterprise level for wildfly10.1.0.Final....

Im newly to wildfly

Here i have some doubts.

1) can we download software from http://wildfly.org/downloads/ .. and use it for production (or) we have to pay and then will u send some anther link to download wilfly ?

2) if we download for free and use it .. if we ran into any issues .. will u support for free or we have to pay then for ur support..?

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks,
                                                  Bala Gannabathula.

Responses

Hello Bala,

For the answer you need to create a support case. This forum can only help you to solve issues, most of us are customers lik you. We do not provide a SLA.

Regards,

Jan Gerrit Kootstra

Hi Bala,

I cannot, for I do not use WILDFLY. I suggest you go to the WildFly website and go to the chat page if you need help. http://wildfly.org/gethelp/

Regards,

Jan Gerrit

Thanks Jan.

I cant able to create support case .. can you help me to create case ..?

From the wildfly download site:

The technology behind WildFly is also available in JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7. JBoss EAP is a hardened enterprise subscription with Red Hat's world-class support, long multi-year maintenance cyles, and exclusive content. You can download EAP for free, for development use.

So you could get JBoss support, this can be bought from the Red Hat shop or Red Hat customer services in your region.

Jan,

Can u clarify one thing for me .... can we get wildfly for licensed version for free ?

Bala,

WildFly is not a Red Hat product, you need to ask this question on the WildFly forum or via the WildFLy chat box.

JBoss is a Red Hat product, the free of cost version can be found on https://developers.redhat.com/downloads/

Read all details about the usage that is allowed under the Developers Service Level Agreement.

Regards,

Jan Gerrit

P.S. I am a Red Hat Enterprise Linux expert, not a JBoss Development guru.

Hi Bala,

The information that Jan has presented is accurate (thanks, Jan :))

Just to summarize your options:

If you need enterprise-level support from Red Hat, you will need a subscription to JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (JBoss EAP).

JBoss EAP is Red Hat's product that is a stable, enterprise-ready, Red Hat-tested and supported product based on the WildFly community project. Red Hat does not support WildFly; if you need help with WildFly, please have a look at the WildFly community forums and chat.

The Red Hat Developer Program gives you access to free developer subscriptions which allows you to download Red Hat enterprise products for development use only. However, as per the terms and conditions, you must purchase a Red Hat subscription if you are going to use Red Hat products on production systems

We strongly recommend that if you need enterprise-level support for production systems, that you purchase a subscription and use JBoss EAP instead of WildFly.

I hope this helps :).

Thanks Lucas,

Need some more info .... please answer just right or wrong to my questions..

1) i have downloaded the software from https://developers.redhat.com/downloads/ for internal use .... ?

2) i have installed software on LUNIX OLE7 ..can i use this or should i use only REDHAT lunix ?

3) Iam using jdk1.8.0_141/ . for jbosseap7.0 . ..? if the above jdk is not correct.. which jdk i have to use.. or is their any jdk specific for jbosseap7.0 ?

4) iam using LUNIX OLE7, jdk1.8.0_141 to install jbosseap7.0.... console is up but the war file deployment is failed with the below issue... and the same war is up on wildfly 8..

ERROR;-java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed to link org/apache/cxf/ws/security/sts/provider/SecurityTokenServiceProvider (Module "deployment.v310jboss.war:main" from Service Module Loader): javax/xml/ws/Provider at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62) at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstr

Is this our war file issue or any configuration issue ..?

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

BALA

Hi Bala,

Unfortunately Linux is not black and white: 1) i have downloaded the software from https://developers.redhat.com/downloads/ for internal use .... ? For development only even commercial use is allowed. Do not use it for serving your applications to end users, not even
colleagues outside the development teams.

2) OLE 7 may break your support subscription. On RHEL 7 you have support for the Operating System.

3) and 4) might better be asked on the developer site.

Regards,

Jan Gerrit Kootstra

Hi Bala,

Just to clarify in addition to Jan's responses.

1) A developer program license must only be used for development purposes. If you are using it internally for production purposes (e.g. to serve an internal customers/users), then that is a violation of the developer license, and you must purchase a normal JBoss EAP license to have support.

2) The main requirement for support of JBoss EAP is to use a supported JDK. You can use any operating system you like, as long as it has a supported JDK (see (3)). Of course, Red Hat can only provide commercially-reasonable support to help you with any non-Red Hat operating system issues.

3) Although the JDK version you describe is ok for JBoss EAP 7, you didn't mention which JDK you are using. A list of supported JDKs are listed on the Supported Configurations Page. Common supported JDKs are OpenJDK and the Oracle JDK.

4) The error looks like a problem loading Apache CXF classes. I would suggest to check the dependencies in your WAR. As Jan suggested, you may get better help on the JBoss Developer site.