Some Subscriptions not visible to guests

Latest response

I am having some trouble with a subscription not being available to guests on a hypervisor.

I have multiple hypervisors running the full RHEL and running virt-who on each. The subscription for Linux running on each of these is the Linux with Smart Virtualization and Management. In addition there are three subscriptions for "Extended Lifecycle Support Unlimited Guests."

On one hypervisor, it works as expected. both subscriptions are listed for the hypervisor, and the guests needing the ELS subscription can have both added to them.

On two different hypervisors, the situation it different. Although the hypervisor lists both subscriptions, the guests can only see the main Linux with Smart Virtualization subscription. When I try to add the ELS guest subscription, it is not listed as one that can be added.

I have checked the rhsm.log and all three hypervisors list adding the subscription and give a pem certificate name. Using rct cat-cert <certificate.pem> shows the name and subscription info for the ELS subscription.

I have restarted virt-who several times, and have removed and re-added the subscription to they hypervisors, but so far, nothing seems to work. The guests on two of the hypervisors still cannot see the ELS guest subscription.

Anyone have any ideas which logs I can look at to see why they are not available to the guests?

Thanx in advance.

Responses