- Posted In
- Red Hat Cloud Suite
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Real Time
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for ARM 64
- Red Hat JBoss Web Server
- Red Hat Directory Server
I have the HP Z440 hardware which is a certified by RHEL for 7.x (ref: RHEL Website). I wanted to install the rhel_Server_7.1 in UEFI mode with secure boot enabled, but the installer gets HANGED indefinetely on penguins, after selecting option 1 from the two options displayed
1. Install RHEL Server 7.1
2. Test Media and Install RHEL 7.1
My BIOS settings are as follows:
* In Secure Boot Configuration, 'Disable Legacy Support and Enable Secure Boot'
* in Boot Options, 'Legacy mode' is 'disabled'
Also, In the second case with secure boot disabled, when in the BIOS, I am selecting 'Enable Legacy Support and Disable Secure Boot', the OS is getting installed but with larger fonts and only one screen resolution 800*400, available in the display.
Ultimately I want to install RHEL 7.1 with Secure Boot Enabled. Please help me with the same and these answers.
Q1. Is this problem belongs to RHEL 7.1 combined with the hardware Hp z440, or it is independent of that?
Q2. Why I am not able to install RHEL 7.1 with secure boot enabled?
Q3. why in legacy mode, the display is bad?