Not Subscribed - Installed products are not covered by attached subscriptions. Updates cannot be received

Latest response

Hello,

I am in the process of setting up a Satellite server. I built it on a RedHat 7.
3 server with Satellite 6.2.

When I set up the server I registered the server with subscription manager.
How when I go to access.redhat.com and go to pull down menu Systems and I look at the RedHat Satellite server it says beside Subscription Management the following: "Not Subscribed Installed products are not covered by attached subscriptions. Updates cannot be received"

Underneath that it does say Subscriptions Attached is 1.

I am not sure what exactly is going wrong since I did register. Do I need to run the bootstrap.py on this server? Am I not receiving updates from the RedHat Portal. I tried to self register but that did not work. though I am not sure I want to do that - shouldn't we be getting the updates from the Customer Portal?

I have been encountering numerous issues trying to register my servers. The only one what worked for me was when I created a test box and it registered correctly with the bootstrap.py, the other three did not go smooth, however it does seem to have registered them.

When I go to Satellite Organizations it does seem to show that the satellite is registered.

So to say the least I am a little confused as it seems to contradict itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Patrick Broderick

Attachments

Responses

Hi Patrick, did you get this sorted?

You are on the right track. Where possible it is preferable to have Satellite registered directly with the CDN. The Satellite subscription covers both your RHEL installation and Satellite.

Subscription Name:   Red Hat Satellite
Provides:                       Red Hat Satellite
                                         Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server
                                         Red Hat Beta
                                         Red Hat Software Collections (for RHEL Server)
                                         Red Hat Satellite Beta
                                         Red Hat Satellite 6 Beta
                                         Red Hat Software Collections Beta (for RHEL Server)
                                         Red Hat Satellite 5 Managed DB Beta
                                         Red Hat Satellite Capsule Beta
                                         Red Hat Enterprise Linux Load Balancer (for RHEL Server)
                                         Red Hat Satellite 5 Managed DB
                                         Red Hat Satellite with Embedded Oracle
                                         Red Hat Satellite Capsule
                                         Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability (for RHEL Server)

To register and subscribe, access the Subscriptions portal. Under Subscription Inventory, select Systems -> Register a System then attach your Satellite subscription.

On Satellite server.

# subscription-manager register
Registering to: subscription.rhsm.redhat.com:443/subscription
Username: <Red Hat portal username>
Password: <Red Hat portal password>
The system has been registered with ID: xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxx

# subscription-manager list --available --matches *Satellite*
***This command should list the Satellite subscription. Take note of the Pool ID for next command below***

# subscription-manager attach --pool 12345678901234567890
Successfully attached a subscription for: Red Hat Satellite

Cannot operate this particular system of RHEL8.0 Beta if the states Not Subscribed within (Status) & (Status Details) Not supported by a valid subscription. Do not understand if I am to test the product how can I especially since nothing is supported why should my time be wasted.