CL110 - Lab test_user "Invalid Credentials" - solved

Latest response

I'm trying to run the labs for the Launching an interface with Horizon by entering http://servera.lab.example.com/dashboard. When I try to login with the defined account demo_user and the password redhat it tells me invalid credentials.

I realized after I wrote the original post is all the instruction after the video is simply writing down what is being used in the video. However, when you go to the next section Guided Exercise: Launching an Instance with Horizon and you try to login as the test_user and redhat you get the same Invalid credentials. If you login as root to the servera machine and go to the /root directory the only defined user with a keystonerc_ is admin. You can login to admin through the Horizon interface but it shows no other users as defined.

It seems like the test_user and other things for this lab are not setup on servera. Then I read a little further and you're supposed to run the script "#lab launch-instance setup" on the workstation which sets up the test_user and other things on servera. So it was just a little confusion as to what the information right after the video was and not reading far enough to see i needed to run the script before trying to login as test_user.

Responses