Process for migrating Red Hat Spacewalk from RHN Classic to RHSM.

Latest response

How do i migrate my Spacewalk from RHN to RHSM ? I found the following steps in the previous discussion. My Spacewalk is running on RHEL 6.8

# yum install subscription-manager-migration subscription-manager-migration-data

# rhn-migrate-classic-to-rhsm

Also, if the above steps are correct, do I have to run those commands on each and every RHEL 6.8 systems which are currently subscribed to RHN?

Shisheer Guragain's picture

Responses

Shisheer,

To confirm we're discussion the same product, there is no Red Hat product known as "Red Hat Spacewalk". Spacewalk is the upstream project which we make available as Red Hat Satellite 5.

Are you wanting to migrate your Satellite 5 installation so that it no longer connects to Red Hat Network (RHN), but instead connects to Red Hat Subscription Manager (RHSM)? If that is the case, and you have RHEL hosts under management with Satellite 5, you can follow the following instructions. Following these instructions means the Satellite 5 will be registered with RHSM, and download content from the Red Hat Content Delivery Network (CDN). All RHEL hosts under management with Satellite 5 will continue to be registered with the Satellite 5 server, and obtain their content from it.

Preparing Satellite 5 systems for Red Hat Network's End of Life

I also suggest you read the following information, as it describes the change to RHSM in more detail. The Migration tab contains details about how you make the transition from RHN to RHSM.

Red Hat Subscription Management

Please feel free to raise any other questions about the migration process.

Thanks a lot Russell. I will go through the documents first and see if I need to consult again.

Was this helpful?

We appreciate your feedback. Leave a comment if you would like to provide more detail.
It looks like we have some work to do. Leave a comment to let us know how we could improve.
Close

Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.